• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry concealed fixed blade for self defense?

I always carry a good smaller sized pocket knife. They are just useful. And it's nice to have a last ditch defense item. Its certainly not my first self defense choice. A firearm is much better. While I'm not a complete novice with a blade, even if I had been training with a knife since birth it would still be my distant last resort. A knife does not handle multiple assailants or an individual armed with a firearm.

Best thing to do is find a martial arts school that trains with short blade. 1 hour classes once a week for 3-6 months. Also fitness boys and girls, just cause you got a knife doesn’t mean you’re gonna win. Chances are if it goes down to your knife, there will be a lot of physical activity invloved.

he had a knife.jpg

I normally carry a Spyderco folder with an Emerson Wave Blade. I recently ran across a video of a Esee Izula being carried horizontally on the belt in front of the left hip (think cross draw). It peaked my interest enough to order an Izula last night. I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

Dont want to derain the tread, The FBI minimum penetration for a bullet is 12'' So my question is. How much fight stopping power would one get out of a 5'' bladed knife, and some of these knife blades posted look much shorter than that. this is truly a question and not a knock at the forks carring a knife also, Cause i carry one in case I run out of ammo or have a firearm failure that cant be resolved.

Dont want to derain the tread, The FBI minimum penetration for a bullet is 12'' So my question is. How much fight stopping power would one get out of a 5'' bladed knife, and some of these knife blades posted look much shorter than that. this is truly a question and not a knock at the forks carring a knife also, Cause i carry one in case I run out of ammo or have a firearm failure that cant be resolved.
I edc a 9mm, the tiny neck knife is to annoyingly poke them with as they bleed out

Back
Top Bottom