• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry license expired

Bambenz

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
133   0
Reaction score
So it completely slipped my mind and my license expired Sunday. I made it by fulton county and renewed this am. I was told that I cannot legally carry until the new license comes. Lady at the counter said 6-8 weeks. Is there some kind of grace period after it expires? Not carrying for 6-8 weeks is not an option.

Oh I was told you can only get in the county where your permanent address is. If that's not the case I'll try cobb. Thanks
No no no! You misunderstood. You can only apply for the permit in the county you live in. He was just giving examples of wait times in previously issuing counties.

That's what I was thinking but with my luck I'd catch a cop having a bad day.
Yeah, maybe but the odds of that are very very slim and I'd rather deal with that than have a situation occur and not be ready. If you carry concealed and you do it right (where no one can tell) then you will most likely be fine. Just fly under the radar.

Besides, being out in public is the only place you really need the permit now anyway so just be smart about it.

No no no! You misunderstood. You can only apply for the permit in the county you live in. He was just giving examples of wait times in previously issuing counties.
Got it. Thx. So it looks like the only legal way I can carry in ga until my new permit comes is to open carry a long gun? That will go over great with the wife.

Hopefully your wait time will be short and it gets mailed to the correct person. My last one was mailed to someone else who kindly took it down to the courthouse but it took several more days for them to contact me and then me get down there.

Hopefully your wait time will be short and it gets mailed to the correct person. My last one was mailed to someone else who kindly took it down to the courthouse but it took several more days for them to contact me and then me get down there.
Yeah they f'd up the first time I got it. The lady reversed the fingerprint cards. I was lucky enough to have to drive down to Pryor st and have it redone. Took forever to get. Gotta love fulton county.

Back
Top Bottom