• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Carrying" without a permit in GA

I quote 16-3-21 on occasions here, but you left out subsection (b). Furthermore you need to look at OCGA as it pertains to totality of circumstances. If you in your illicit carry of a firearm, use said firearm even in self defense you muddy the water greatly.
exactly!

I make my living teaching this subject along w/ the ability to shoot & fight w/ firearms.... mainly to civilians but also to Law Enforc. Officers & occasional Military units or soldiers.
Few attorneys or even D. A.'s specialize in the study of this topic & often direct people to either my classes and/ or gacarry.
We've had more than a few who committed minor infractions required to take our classes as part of their probation.
All serious students & teachers on these matters that I know of in this region use gacarry heavily as a valued resource.
There has been some good advice given on here for you.
Most of which have been accompanied by copies of the O.C.G.A. codes.

You're close to 21 & it will be here before you know it.
Be careful & don't risk your ability to get your permit by breaking the law now.

Last edited:
I make my living teaching this subject along w/ the ability to shoot & fight w/ firearms.... mainly to civilians but also to Law Enforc. Officers & occasional Military units or soldiers.
Few attorneys or even D. A.'s specialize in the study of this topic & often direct people to either my classes.

All serious students & teachers on these matters that I know of in this region use gacarry heavily as a valued resource.
There has been some good advise given on here for you.
Most of which have been accompanied by copies of the O.C.G.A. codes.

You're close to 21 & it will be here before you know it.
Be careful & don't risk your ability to get your permit by breaking the law now

This.

What I **REALLY** love are the armchair attorneys who think they know laws, and are "helping" others by sharing their incorrect knowledge. Someone is going to end up in deep legal trouble one day because of people like that. If you are going to carry a firearm, or are even considering it, you should make sure you LEARN the laws yourself, do not depend on others. Do NOT depend on the authorities to know the laws either! The majority of them do NOT know the current laws. YOUR knowledge of the laws (and keeping a cool head and attitude) may very well keep you out of jail when you have an encounter with a LEO.

Back
Top Bottom