Caught a carload of females trying to steal from my mailbox

That's why we got the heck of of Henco while we could. The Clayco cancer is spreading fast, destroys everything in its path and you aren't allowed to notice it or point it out.

Douglasville, better known as DougVegas has changed over the years. It was a good place to grow up but not anymore. The mall, section 8 housing, etc..has turned it into ****...I am looking to gtfo asap. I work in downtown Atlanta a lot but a commute of an hour or a little more will not bother me as long as I'm in a quiet place. Out of the hood.

Get a PO Box and stick a 'possum in your unused mailbox. Be sure to have a camera ready cause the **** will hit the fan! That ain't legal neither but it sure would be funny! I work in ATL as well but I drive 42 miles from Lamar county and it is worth every minute of the drive. I usually drive through Clayton/Henry around 0230-0300 after work and it is the BEST time to go through there. LEO is the worst problems at that time. I have been pulled over 3 times for a license plate light that burns up the bulbs I put in. There are 2 on there but as soon as one goes out they pull me over. Never been given a citation but it is aggravating when you are driving the speed limit and just want to get home. I know they are looking for drunks and this just gives them an excuse to pull you over but they run the tag, issue a warning, politely say thank you and send me on my way. The worst ones are the ones hiding in the median with no lights on whatsoever. To me that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I'm just glad I did not pursue a career as a LEO.

I moved to Morrow just after Southlake was built and it was great! Graduated in 79 and I refuse to even visit someone there now!!!!! I love it out here in the country...my dogs roam free, I shoot off my back porch whenever the urge hits me and its quiet, I will never move to the city again. Wife has a chance to get an Administators job for a hospice in Ptree City but I said HELL NO!!!!

Ditto that!

**** the city! **** anyplace within any reasonable distance of the city!

I will never move any closer to the city either..... (

Man, reading over this thread sure does paint a glum picture about the future of central GA. :tsk:

It is just sad. Riverdale used to be a very nice place. Morrow and Stockbridge were nice as well. I would almost compare that area to the level vinings is at now.The area around southern regional was upper-middle class until the mid 90s. Now it is a complete bombed-out ****hole. Everything is closed. Everyone bailed out. The whole place completely imploded.

For those of us who spent time around those areas back in the 70s and 80s, it is hard to believe what has happened to them. And it happened fast.

It is just sad. Riverdale used to be a very nice place. Morrow and Stockbridge were nice as well. I would almost compare that area to the level vinings is at now.The area around southern regional was upper-middle class until the mid 90s. Now it is a complete bombed-out ****hole. Everything is closed. Everyone bailed out. The whole place completely imploded.

For those of us who spent time around those areas back in the 70s and 80s, it is hard to believe what has happened to them. And it happened fast.
Truth. I was born in riverdale and grew up there. I still live in Clayton county. At least for the time being. Once I decide to have a child that will change. Clayton county will always be home to me but the home I once knew and loved has been taken over by cockroaches. Not the same place. Henry county is not far behind Clayton county. Which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom