Caught a carload of females trying to steal from my mailbox

Zombie Ninja

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
29   0
Reaction score
I have complained about this before to my girlfriend and others. What I didn't know was what they were doing was scoping out mailboxes and empty houses to steal and possibly squat in.
While talking w/ a Detective friend in the front yard I commented, "I don't know why all these people just drive up and down the cul de sac everyday."
He says without missing a beat, "they're looking for mail and empty looking houses." Now I'm not surprised but I am shocked at how nonchalant they act while doing so and no one seems to think it's a problem. Or they're none the wiser. People need to wise up and be more aware, these are crimes just rolling around happening everyday posing as drivers lost or whatever.
I've been concerned about it, but not enough to get a PO box or Ups store box. But I watch out for them cruising the subdivision and the punks that sell dope at the cross street and call them in to the Henry county PD non emergency line. No, I will not hook you up with the dope boys. :hat:
I actually had words with them too when they were sitting on the curb in their car (presumably getting their smoke on, smelled it many times passing by) and the passenger thought I drove too close to his brothers car and started yelling at me. WTF?! I'd be doing him a favor if I hit that pos with my truck and I told him so!

So upon returning from picking up my subway lunch, I get a phone call and sitting in the shade with tinted windows, makes it hard to see in. Well just then a dark maroon/burgundy late model Impala pulls up behind me in the street containing three black females. The passenger proceeds to open up my mailbox through her window and I see this out of my side mirror and jump out lickety split. I ask her what the hell she's doing and I can tell I caught all of them by surprise because she gives me the biggest load of crap ever. "I'm looking for something a friend left for me in the mailbox... In my mailbox???!!! She then says they didn't tell her which one. I tell her she can't be looking in peoples mailboxes and it's a federal crime. I then tell her I'm taking the tag number and descriptions and calling the PD. Well the driver seemed eager to leave and kinda hit the gas to beat it making the car lurch a little bit. They then pull past the neighbors driveway and stop, then reverse and she puts it up on the curb, IDK what they hell they're doing. The neighbor across the street just pulled up and is looking at them a little bewildered.

The passenger gets out now and walks back to My neighbors box and opens it. I start yelling now, "you can't do that!" She says it's my friend! I tell her, "It's still illegal!" to which I ask, "What's their name? Because I know both their names and their mother's name, who btw, is home right now!"
She then says to me, "Why do you care? BECAUSE I FU**KIN LIVE HERE! This is my house, those are my neighbors and this is my neighborhood!!" She says, "this is my neighborhood too" to which I say, "I've never seen you before, you don't live on my street." They beat feet after that.

Needless to say I called it in and they got the tag number and a LEO came by.
Now my girlfriend is not happy about this because she's been wanting to get out of here anyway but we can't find the space we want. Something near south metro that isn't small but not huge too! Maybe a little horse space etc. Plenty way up north but out I-20 but not sure if that's somewhere we want to go. Don't know the pro's and cons of the different areas.

We'd be taking a bath on this house like many other folks out there but that is pretty much an afterthought for her. And after hearing the renter/landlord horror stories, screw renting. Not sure what we're gonna do but for now, a UPS store box is looking like that needs to happen.

Input, and general responses or land, area recommendations welcome.

Yes, I was OC my G19 in a Hume OWB @ 4o'clock, so they probably didn't even see it.

McDonough is gonna be Riverdale in 5 years. The blight is spreading fast down that way. (And all the great new shopping they built on 20-81 might be nice right now, but give it 5 years or so, and you will have Southlake.)

Amazing how this kind of crap just spreads. They just destroy an area and steal everything worth stealing, then they move into a new area and do the same. What trash.

McDonough is gonna be Riverdale in 5 years. The blight is spreading fast down that way. (And all the great new shopping they built on 20-81 might be nice right now, but give it 5 years or so, and you will have Southlake.)

Amazing how this kind of crap just spreads. They just destroy an area and steal everything worth stealing, then they move into a new area and do the same. What trash.

Agreed. Look how Conyers turned into Lithonia in less than 5 years.

this is true. southlake has become quite the **** hole.... its coming our way.

The passenger gets out now and walks back to My neighbors box and opens it.
That's incredibly ballsy. Be interested to hear what if anything comes back from LE. Go north man. There's a place north of Newnan I've been looking at for three years but the spread of the scum southward keeps me from pulling the trigger.

hmm that sucks. never had that problem in my part of henry county. what neighborhood if you don't mind me asking?
Wesley Lakes SubD
It does suck. The officer said it was great that I was watching out for the neighbors right around me and if more people did the same, we wouldn't have as many problems. That's what keeps neighborhoods safer.

Whole heartedly agree. It's just an easy way of stealing now. And it's hard to prove for Law Enforcement because you have to prove intent. Lazy thieves, hate them even more than thieves.

Back
Top Bottom