Charcoal grill suggestions

Heres the deal. I have two big green eggs that i have had for years now. They are great cookers. But I’m wanting a regular charcoal grill too. What would you suggest? I’m leaning towards a Weber. Never had one. Any good?

Weber with the ash catcher on the bottom.

Heres the deal. I have two big green eggs that i have had for years now. They are great cookers. But I’m wanting a regular charcoal grill too. What would you suggest? I’m leaning towards a Weber. Never had one. Any good?
Just out of curiosity, if you have the 2 BGEs, why would you also want a charcoal grill? Portability?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

No i have a medium and large bge. Just looking for something different. Used to cook every day but since kids are gone now hardly ever use them. The replies are spot on with what im thinking. Just looking for that old smell of charcoal burning off. Had a chargriller before i got the eggs. Then made ugly drum smoker but gave it to fil when I bought the eggs. Think Im going with a Weber this time. Thanks for everyone’s opinions.

Weber kettle is a great grill and smoker too.

I put a decent pile of charcol against one side and get it going . Then add more charcoal and a piece of hickory when I put the meat on . Then a few more coals when I turn whatever I'm smoking .

I have an egg too ,but the kettle just works so good for me :0)

20171123_113517.jpg

Thanksgiving turkey. I used charcoal and mesquite wood. Moist and juicy.

Back
Top Bottom