• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

City of Atlanta, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a good definition of Yankee right here

Yankee: northerners that have very thick accents and are often quite stuck-up. They typically think that they are walking geniuses and act like they know EVERYTHING which can be quite irritating. Yankees often think they have the right to travel to southern states and try to correct southern 'rednecks' on how to speak or what 'proper' grammar is. Yankees are often very judgemental of the southern 'rednecks' and put many of them down because they have accents or dont use proper grammar when really it's just the way that the southerners were raised, and assume that all southerners are 'uneducated, incestuous, and racist'. Yankees also have problems admitting when they are wrong and saying sorry, instead they choose to be smartasses about things.

(not all northerners/yankees are like this, but the vast majority of them are)

you also forgot that when they start to get annoyed, angry, or upset, they start talking 50 times faster than normal.

Funny how "yankees" use the term to refer to a baseball team, and southerners are referred to as "southerners". It is curious how folks in this part of the country don't seem to have the ability to integrate.

Delta and the express ways are ready to take you anywhere else you want to be.

I found a good definition of Yankee right here

Yankee: northerners that have very thick accents and are often quite stuck-up. They typically think that they are walking geniuses and act like they know EVERYTHING which can be quite irritating. Yankees often think they have the right to travel to southern states and try to correct southern 'rednecks' on how to speak or what 'proper' grammar is. Yankees are often very judgemental of the southern 'rednecks' and put many of them down because they have accents or dont use proper grammar when really it's just the way that the southerners were raised, and assume that all southerners are 'uneducated, incestuous, and racist'. Yankees also have problems admitting when they are wrong and saying sorry, instead they choose to be smartasses about things.

(not all northerners/yankees are like this, but the vast majority of them are)

A lot of southerners don't exactly help in the perception of a stereotypical southerner though.

As a "Yankee" this statement is so true. One of the reasons I moved here was because of hospitality of the majority of the people here. And I am also impressed with the school my son is in. When he started school here he was actually behind.

That's pretty surprising about your son. Georgia is notorious for having some of the worst public schools in the country.

I have never encountered such a high degree of social insecurity in a group of people. Curious how it is passed off as southern culture. I would wager modern southern culture would be highly offensive to some of your parents.

One of the most perplexing components of modern southern culture is how people embrace ignorance and remedial type behavior as a value. Maybe someone can explain it. Itwas very apparent in a thread about "what you will never hear a southerner say". I know this line of thinking doesnt reflect on all southerners, just curious why so many embrace this type of child-like attitude. I love to study sociology, so naturally this site is a goldmine of curiosities!

Last edited:
heck....i got a dang ticket in Dublin 5 years ago....4 hours a way....i called and asked how i could pay....they told me i had to go to court....i drove 4 hours to the arraignment....the officer didn't show....so it certainly ain't just Atlanta....I grew up in Clayton County...I'd rather walk the streets of Atlanta at night rather than Albany, Macon, and Augusta....every town has a bad area

I don't need to make up reasons to hate Atlanta, I am here right now and it sucks as much today as it did 25 years ago. Dirty, nasty, no caring and corrupt. Just turn the news on. Why do you think there's been a mass exodus. Even the criminals can't stand it.

stay out then, fine by me

and if you think your small town politics aint corrupt, check again

ever wonder why so many rich successful folks live in atlanta? because parts of it are very nice, others arent

but hey if you enjoy spending your weekends hangin at the DQ, counting clouds, or passing syphilis around from your cousin to pass the time then i guess there is no need to come to atlanta (i can make up stereotypes about the country or wherever else is considered not atlanta, but that would be just ignorant. ive been in both settings and both have their charms, but atlanta is honestly one of the best things georgia has going for it, seeing as how its the central location for most economic progress, or influencing it)

i find many nice people here to. i think your honestly just talking out your four corners of contact

Back
Top Bottom