• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed Carry laws in Georgia...

#1 Young Lady it is a carry permit, can be open or concealed. By law now their must be Probable Cause to justify asking someone for their permit..I hope that helps and welcome to the ODT!
Thank you. Thread should be closed now OP. DD knows what he is talking about.

I almost got gang-robbed at the Hyatt walking to my Lexus, and it was in my purse, so I pulled my pistol out and stopped the MF's immediately. They were high AF and very scary. It was horrifying. It is a very long story however, the main perpetrator was arrested thank GOD.
did you have a room at the Hyatt? sounds like as a responsible citizen/gun owner,you chose not to leave your weapon unattended in your vehicle. when transporting it back to your vehicle (an extension of your home) you were accosted by the very people that you feared would steal it. it was not being carried,so much as transported from one safe location to another..
good thing you had it, you learned a valuable lesson. now you will get your permit..
i hate to say it like this..but play the scared woman and hope you get a male judge.. smile and tell him how it scared you. maybe tear up a bit...

ght I would ask you guys too :) ...

I was told by my firearms instructor that police were not allowed (by law) to ask you if you possessed a concealed weapons permit. He said he heard that, but was still unsure.

Does anyone in here have an idea? TH

Excellent question !

Our 2nd amendments rights are a big deal on every traffic stop !

Totally respect LE but...

Am I being detained ? Am I free to go ? If he says no...
What crime do you suspect me of , then lawyer up ?

Here is the 2017 Law below, nothing in it says you have to give it up if asked.

What i'm concerned about is all the local municapalities that pass laws attempting to supersedie state/fed(Nathan Deal) laws concerning weapons & especially our new atl dictator like the last one who did whatever he wanted.

2008 version, here's 2017
Unlike some states N.Y. comes to mind. Local law cannot superceed State or federal law under the Georgia Constitution.

Or the Police can BS you and just say that someone complained or had a concern. How are you going to prove any different?:shocked:
Oh, that's right cops don't lie to Joe Citizen.:wacko:

Hell I've witnessed DNR lie on the witness stand. That's not hearsay, that's first hand knowledge.
Because unlike your cherry self :boink: Most people don’t draw attention to themselves, and LE don’t just have time to invent excuses to harass every person they encounter in Georgia and the rest of the southern states that can be seen with a fire arm. The sheer numbers just don’t support that fear.

Probable cause of what?

It’s not illegal to carry a long gun in public, permit or no permit, or a handgun with a permit.

Wrong as can be. That's the kind of inter-web "advice" that gets someone other than the "adviser" thrown in jail.

Ley us know how that works out for you.

ght I would ask you guys too :) ...

I was told by my firearms instructor that police were not allowed (by law) to ask you if you possessed a concealed weapons permit. He said he heard that, but was still unsure.

Does anyone in here have an idea? TH

Excellent question !

Our 2nd amendments rights are a big deal on every traffic stop !

Totally respect LE but...

Am I being detained ? Am I free to go ? If he says no...
What crime do you suspect me of , then lawyer up ?

Here is the 2017 Law below, nothing in it says you have to give it up if asked.

What i'm concerned about is all the local municapalities that pass laws attempting to supersedie state/fed(Nathan Deal) laws concerning weapons & especially our new atl dictator like the last one who did whatever he wanted.

2008 version, here's 2017

As seems to be the norm on extended internet discussions, the original question gets lost in the conversation. It's like playing telephone in grade school.

First, take it to the bank, an LEO has the right to ask if you are carrying a firearm. I have the right to ask you if you are carrying s firearm. You have the right to ask me if I am carrying a firearm. In all cases the person to who the question is posed has the right to not respond, and ignore the questioner if he chooses to do so. What is really the issue is that we are socialized to respond to questions from authority figures.

What an LEO may not do is demand to see your GWL based simply on the fact that you are in possession of a firearm. Doen't matter how many snowflakes feel threatened.

Two different scenarios, two different answers.

Wrong as can be. That's the kind of inter-web "advice" that gets someone other than the "adviser" thrown in jail.

Ley us know how that works out for you.
Thrown in jail for what? What law is violated? Kindly quote the Georgia law code section that prohibits carrying a long gun in public, permit or no permit...... I’ll just wait right here

A citizen can carry a long Gun in public anywhere firearms are not specifically prohibited......without any permit.

Back
Top Bottom