• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Correct me if am wrong But Blank lowers must be complete before a ban???

Spas-12 Owner

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
NRA Instructor and Chief RSO
565   0
Reaction score
I see a lot off ppl buying blank lowers and well...

This fact crossed my mind.....

If you have a blank lower and then , if there is a ban close to the last AWB then wouldn't putting a collapse stock on it mean you are making/Manufacturing a banned weapon, there for breaking the law?

So for all those with blank lowers, it might be a good idea to go a head and assemble your lower before a ban so you will not be breaking the law.

Now I could be very wrong on this and if I am... feel free to correct me.

I also know it would be hard to prove it wasn't assembled before the ban but lets say you buy a collapse stock from GB or with a CC from any where it wouldn't be that hard to track...

Again, I could be wrong....

Sorry, I was just scanning. Plus any parts purchased after a ban could be "replacements". New lowers with a date of purchase after the ban is the only catch.

Or stock sets that are required to be date coded... which mags were or marked LEO only... assume stocks would/Could be similar ...

Plus tracking payment....

But to answer your question, its not what you know.. its what you can prove.....

Remember it will be the law biding citizens that the ban will effect not the criminals ......

Yes you are correct in my opinion but you that thing about opinions..:)

That was a mistake that I think will be (attempt) rectified with Biden and "law enforcement officials" (those aligned with MAIG or accepting Joyce money) reporting to congress next month on how to fix the "gun violence".

I can see that what is offered and what is accepted will be two things. A complete total ban will be pushed, however "compromise" sees an avenue of approach, one that registers semi-autos for $200 and reclassifies them just like select fire weapons, class III. It serves too many purposes to ignore. If possible they will shoot for no new manufactured semi-autos on the ban list, so what you got is it. Proving a blank receiver wasn't a complete gun would be a challenge unless one volunteered the info and made prosecution easy.

Spa's.. YES is the answer to your question as it related to the '94 AWB, and how it currently is in NY State.

But I would "own" each and every component necessary to fully assemble a firearm, along with the parts bill of sale PRIOR to any upcoming AWB just to CYA.

Good thinking :thumb:

Thank you sir....

It was just something no one has mentioned that I have noticed and some ppl may have not known....

Back
Top Bottom