• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

could it b? suppressors coming off NFA list

I didnt know about this. Why can't GA have a Firearms Freedom Act? We have some great suppressor makers.

Montana House Bill 246, the Montana Firearms Freedom Act, was signed into law by Governor Brian Schweitzer on April 15, 2009, and became effective October 1, 2009. This legislation declares that certain firearms and firearms accessories manufactured, sold, and kept within the state of Montana are exempt from federal firearms laws, since they cannot be regulated as interstate commerce.[45][46] However, this law does not apply to a firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person, a firearm that has a bore diameter greater than 1 ½ inches and uses smokeless powder, ammunition that uses exploding projectiles or fully automatic firearms. While it is likely to face a court challenge (and specifically intended to provoke one[47]), this Montana law would put firearms accessories such as silencers actually made in Montana, marked "Made in Montana", and sold only to Montana citizens outside federal jurisdiction and not subject to the $200 federal transfer tax.

As of April 2013, similar laws had been enacted by Kansas, Tennessee, Wyoming, South Dakota, Utah, Arizona, Idaho and Alaska and introduced in most other states.[48]

Why not order one now, pay the $200 tax extortion stamp. Then when the bill passes you get your $200 back? It's part of the bill as well.

I believe refund is in the form of a tax credit

I doubt it. If it passes as written, it will be the first time in my life I've experienced government "giving" back anything that its taken.

I have already called Isakson and voiced my support, everyone please do the same. The reason I asked is that I expect to have to give up the $200 per stamp return funds if we want to get it passed. They have out money, getting it back is going to be a real stretch. I also look for someone to try and tack on some other crap that we do not like if they are going to pass it.

A long way to go yet.

Yep. Like "The Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986" which had the nasty little rider that made private ownership of a post-1986 fully automatic weapon illegal. That's why an M16 or RDIAS is $20K now. There haven't been any "legal ones" made in 30 years!

I doubt it. If it passes as written, it will be the first time in my life I've experienced government "giving" back anything that its taken.

Well said, sir. Take, take, TAKE is all they know. WHY the heck should it take 8 months to approve a FORM 4 when I already have a CC permit? Maybe the same guy who did Hillary's emails could get on these now that he has nothing to do.

Back
Top Bottom