• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote in your yard in a subdivision ?

View attachment 3789247

Even legal coyote elimination might be best done discreetly, if you're in a subdivision full of Karens and gun-hating Democrat housewives who will call the cops and allege animal cruelty.
How could you shoot those cute little coyotes?????

LoL.

There is a river about 300 yards from my back door and they come up out of the river bottom frequently. Next door to me on one side is a pasture, neighbors used to raise goats there. Yotes would come up frequently in the spring trying to get the baby goats. One weekend the neighbors were gone, one of the goats had escaped the pen and there was a big Yote stalking it. Being new to GA at the time I didn't know if it was cool to shoot it, or if the neighbors would freak out over it so I went out there with a slingshot and scared it off. I caught the little goat and put him back in the pen where he was relatively safe. When the neighbors came home I told them and the first words out of his mouth, OMG, why didn't you just shoot it??

Best advice, read the neighborhood. You'll be able to tell if taking a shot is ok.
I used to live in a neighborhood in TN that was the last subdivision and surrounded by farmland. Every few years people would fill their turkey and deer tags from their back porch and no one batted an eye.
My current neighborhood has tons of turkeys roll through but my neighbors would call 911 if a shot rang out. With so many rings/security cameras, you'd be dumb to shot suppressed as well.

So hypothetical question. What are the legalities of shooting a coyote in your yard or a neighbors yard in a subdivision in a residential neighborhood?

What if the coyote is about to attack a domestic pet? Obviously if a coyote is attacking my dog, I’m gonna drop that coyote with whatever weapon I have closest and will deal with the legal consequences later, just wondering what the consequences would be and if the coyote’s actions matter at all. Can I just blast him for walking through my yard? Or does the coyote have to pose a credible threat?
As as has been answered, there is no hunting season so it simply comes down to whether or not discharge is allowed or not from where you'd be shooting. I've dispatched a number of them.
To answer your question about the coyotes actions, if you shot one in the street stalking your dog while a school bus full of kids was riding by, well..... GLWS.

So hypothetical question. What are the legalities of shooting a coyote in your yard or a neighbors yard in a subdivision in a residential neighborhood?

What if the coyote is about to attack a domestic pet? Obviously if a coyote is attacking my dog, I’m gonna drop that coyote with whatever weapon I have closest and will deal with the legal consequences later, just wondering what the consequences would be and if the coyote’s actions matter at all. Can I just blast him for walking through my yard? Or does the coyote have to pose a credible threat?
It’s really not bad eating! Some people have weak stomach’s not me ! If you can eat vagina you can eat anything !

Back
Top Bottom