• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest thing happened to us tonight

had a pistol pulled on me in Banks Crossing in the 80's
saw my Mom almost carjacked in Gainesville
almost mugged with my family in Cornelia
been hemmed up several times around ATL on const. sites
had a crackhead on my porch beating on the door late one night
just having a gun in my hand has stopped a few situations for me and one thing I know is these worthless animals are everywhere and there is no where you can move to completely get away from it

Only thing I would do different, and I’m not questioning the OPs reasons for what he chooses to do, is I carry. I carry everywhere that’s reasonably practical, period.
That way I don’t get caught in a situation where I need it but don’t have it.

However in this case, the walk back to the car, may have well sent a clear message.

Only thing I would do different, and I’m not questioning the OPs reasons for what he chooses to do, is I carry. I carry everywhere that’s reasonably practical, period.
That way I don’t get caught in a situation where I need it but don’t have it.

However in this case, the walk back to the car, may have well sent a clear message.
My appendix rig is a sidecar and super uncomfortable when sitting in the car. It was easily accessible though. Other than that, it’s always on my person.

I guess I should clarify that when he was yelling at us the first time he was roughly 100 yards behind us. I walked to the end of the truck before returning to grab my firearm.
When I approached him, we basically met in the middle. So 50 yards from the truck, and he never advanced past me to gain a closer distance to our vehicle than what I had. The closest he got to the vehicle was 20-30 yards and never actually got up on the truck. He yelled hey I want to give you something when he gave me the card while I was looking at the damage the second time, I met him away from the vehicle to see why he was approaching us. (About 20-30 yards again.)

I think some are taking it that I was very inviting of this individual to a close proximity of our family, not the case at all and I just wanted to clarify that.

I do really appreciate some of the worst case scenarios some have pointed out. I told my wife earlier, next time even if someone just accidentally rear ends us that she is to immediately jump into the driver seat, lock the doors, draw her pistol, put it in drive and hold the brake until I figure out the situation.

Just in case something pops off she has the ability to defend herself or get out with the kids quickly.

I guess I should clarify that when he was yelling at us the first time he was roughly 100 yards behind us. I walked to the end of the truck before returning to grab my firearm.
When I approached him, we basically met in the middle. So 50 yards from the truck, and he never advanced past me to gain a closer distance to our vehicle than what I had. The closest he got to the vehicle was 20-30 yards and never actually got up on the truck. He yelled hey I want to give you something when he gave me the card while I was looking at the damage the second time, I met him away from the vehicle to see why he was approaching us. (About 20-30 yards again.)

I think some are taking it that I was very inviting of this individual to a close proximity of our family, not the case at all and I just wanted to clarify that.

I do really appreciate some of the worst case scenarios some have pointed out. I told my wife earlier, next time even if someone just accidentally rear ends us that she is to immediately jump into the driver seat, lock the doors, draw her pistol, put it in drive and hold the brake until I figure out the situation.

Just in case something pops off she has the ability to defend herself or get out with the kids quickly.
One thing there is never a shortage of on ODT is people willing to point out the shoulda, coulda, woulda's. Like I said earlier in this thread, from what you've described, I thought you handled the situation fine, e.g., you and your family left the scene safely, the situation never escalated, and you never had to draw down on anyone...vehicle damage aside, sounds like a win to me!

IMG_1717.gif

You have cameras at home ?

Bet he wrote down your tag # and might be skulkin around 👺
I've been thinking about this one for a few days and decided to ask and hope you don't take me asking wrong but, what do you think can be gotten from your tag #?
Unless you're LEO on duty the or DMV clerk, the only thing that can be accessed would be the vehicle build information.

Back
Top Bottom