• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Credit Card Scam

In all seriousness though, I've discovered years ago it's much better when it happens to your credit card than your debit card. 6 years ago scammers got my debit card and made some large purchases in New York about a week before I was supposed to close on my house. My lovely bank approved the charges before their fraud department called me. Talk about nerve wracking. My bank(local credit union) made the process very difficult. They made me get a police report to prove I didn't make the purchases and took several days to credit my money back, and 2 weeks to issue me a new debit card. F that.

Started using credit cards and paying off the balance every month once that happened and have never looked back. When my credit cards have been compromised, I get an immediate phone call, charges are declined, they close the account, and I get a new card in the mail the next day...

I knew a woman (worked with) that would charge large amounts of stuff in other states, then call the cc company when she got back and claim the card had been stolen.
A mutual friend told me about it. Turns out, she snd her husband are also here illegally.
I found all this out after I left the company. How are ppl reported?

We had to cancel three cards this year. Verizon got us for $1000. Another was a gas station skimmer in Florida. Took the family to Medieval Times for my grandson's birthday and then found charges for large $ gift cards purchased nearby. We have a USAA Visa and they are great in catching fraud even though they can be annoying.

They shut our visa off because we had a charge for fuel in AK and knew we never have done any biz in Alaska as a normal deal. So they asked my wife about it and shut the card down to reissue.
I guess when they see odd charges no matter the price, it flags them for a call. . ?? :confused: Good thing it does.

They shut our visa off because we had a charge for fuel in AK and knew we never have done any biz in Alaska as a normal deal. So they asked my wife about it and shut the card down to reissue.
I guess when they see odd charges no matter the price, it flags them for a call. . ?? :confused: Good thing it does.

I think they use some sort of algorithm that monitors your normal spending habits and places you shop. I actually got a fraud alert on my card once when I had bought gas in the morning here, drove to Atlanta for a flight to Los Angeles, and tried to rent a car there all within the same day. They declined the card and called me and I had to admit it was definitely me this time.

Got took for $1650 a year ago on my visa. I made the purchase and the vendor folded up without delivering. Card has since changed to mastercard under capital one and Im getting the runaround on getting my money back. Im calling it a loss. Hopefully no one else bought any rough country rustic furniture on here. Id love to get a chance at steel toeing the owner right in the balls.

I think they use some sort of algorithm that monitors your normal spending habits and places you shop. I actually got a fraud alert on my card once when I had bought gas in the morning here, drove to Atlanta for a flight to Los Angeles, and tried to rent a car there all within the same day. They declined the card and called me and I had to admit it was definitely me this time.
Yep....daughter and wife going to one of those Cancun resorts next week for 7 days....im gonna tell her to go ahead and call cc company and tell them. That way they know.
I get stuck dog sitting!

At $150 a pop you bought 10 pairs of shoes for the migrant caravan...

I always liked the black pinched buckle loafer...
No. It was actually me. 3 pairs of Stanton's. I use buy them once every ten years or so. Black, Brown, Oxblood. Yes. I use to be a clothes horse but now I wear shorts and Reefs 95% of the time.

US BANK HARLEY DAVIDSON VISA gets hacked about every year. no rhyme or reason I just go to use it and it gets declined, i call and they send me a new card, BIG PITA

Back
Top Bottom