• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CRX worth it?

they are great for gas millage and depending on your style they can be made pretty fun for just a little bit of money, or you can do like my buddy did and put in lots of money but get that price lace face when you pass nice cars

I've owned several CRXs in the past. They come in many forms. The CRZ is a completely different car that only resembles the old CRX.

All of the CRX models are fun to drive. You want to find one that has the original engine, suspension, interior and paint. Don't buy one that has been modified. BTW, they are VERY rare in stock form thanks to all of the ricer boys and their shade tree modifications.

Gen1 1984-1987
Si_For_Sale_resize.jpg

Gen2 1988-1991
sicar%20L%20front.jpg

I've got a 1991 CRX. It's the "HF" version, which I read online stands for "high fuel efficiency" or something like that. It's bone stock and has 280-something thousand miles on it.

It's currently getting 47mpg. I'm sure somebody here will call "BS" on that, but google it and find out for yourself. Some people are getting well over 50mpg out of their HF models. It's one of the most fuel efficient cars that has ever been sold in the USA.

Mine looks like crap, but it's the only car I've ever owned that people will stop me in parking lots and try to buy it from me. Once I talk to the people, the story is always the same: They've had a CRX before and sold it and are looking for another one because of the insanely high MPG.

It was really nice to have when gas prices went stupid a few years go.
Buddy of mine had one when we were in high school. That thing sipped gas. Of course he couldn't stand it and bought an si and the mileage was less but that thing would scat

really the 1st gen integras were and still are a better
deal. they came with a DOHC motor and the SI gear-
box. albeit a tad bit on the fugly side they would
get up and go and every acura came fuel injected.

Reactions: MRM
It will be harder to find a clean unmolested CRX than parts.
Stick with the FI versions.

There are much better choices in "vintage" Hondas/Acuras in the same price range.

DD a CRX is similar to DD an older 6cyl Jeep, both require a certain level of ummm what the word I'm looking for....Insanity, yes thats it....lol
Look at like marrying a stripper, its not for everyone.

Buddy of mine had one when we were in high school. That thing sipped gas. Of course he couldn't stand it and bought an si and the mileage was less but that thing would scat
Yeah, mine has the base model 1.5 liter engine in it. It's not too fast, but I wouldn't want to go too fast in it anyway. It's pretty much a steet legal go-cart and I don't think it would hold up too well in a wreck.
:pound:

Colossus Colossus my 1991 was the cheapest of all the base models from what I've read online. It has the 1.5 liter in it, but it doesn't have a carb. It's fuel injected.

004_2A.JPG
005_3A.JPG
008_6A.JPG
002_0A.JPG
004_2A.JPG 005_3A.JPG 008_6A.JPG 002_0A.JPG This was my 1991 CRX SI in which I transplanted a Japanese engine and fixed it up for the street and road courses and auto cross. This was back in the late nineties when I bought this car. It was ok but I didn't like the brakes and replaced them with aftermarket discs and pads and braided brake lines
I changed a lot of things to make it more reliable.but I just preferred VW's namely the Rabbit/

Back
Top Bottom