• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CRX worth it?

Yeah, mine has the base model 1.5 liter engine in it. It's not too fast, but I wouldn't want to go too fast in it anyway. It's pretty much a steet legal go-cart and I don't think it would hold up too well in a wreck.
:pound:

Colossus Colossus my 1991 was the cheapest of all the base models from what I've read online. It has the 1.5 liter in it, but it doesn't have a carb. It's fuel injected.

I've owned three 1987 HF models now. They are indeed a go-cart. They have no front bumper at all. Only a plastic shell that looks like a bumper. Also they have the plastic fenders and nose piece that are very brittle. Just leaning against one cracks it open like an egg. But there are stronger replacements for the fenders and you can install a bumper from a DX or Si model.

really the 1st gen integras were and still are a better
deal. they came with a DOHC motor and the SI gear-
box. albeit a tad bit on the fugly side they would
get up and go and every acura came fuel injected.

A gen1 Integra engine is a bolt-in replacement for a gen1 CRX Si since it also had FI and is based on the exact same subframe and suspension. The rear disk brakes from a gen1 Integra are also a bolt-on upgrade. Although some argue that the aluminum drums from the rear of a gen1 HF are every bit as good and even lighter.

BTW, The gen1 HF with a Weber carb kit is a computer free vehicle and does not have a pressurized fuel tank. This means that you can unplug the computer and toss it. A good bugout vehicle in case of EMP attack.

If you cant work on this engine then you cant work on any engine.
CRX 11.JPG

I'll be selling back '10 tdi and looking for an other car right now.

Mainly want something simple. CRX looked interesting. What i think i need to do, is drive one.
Looked iinto Fiat 500, read they are rust buckets.
Mini's overpriced.
MK1 rabbit.... mayybe...
I love driving my tdi but maintenance wasn't fun.
Waiting for Elio to come out. Very promising specs.

PS I love go-cart feeling.

Back
Top Bottom