• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DA/SA summer time carry .........?

It’s a six rounder. H&R model 642. I’d gladly trade for a .32 long. I see .22wmr on YouTube get 16in of penetration and I always worry about over penetrating in a SD scenario. I’d take .32long over .22mag.
That part makes perfect sense. I was just going strictly by ammo availability and cost. While I like my 32Long revolvers I must admit that the ammo ain't something you just run into Academy and pick up ( even during normal times) You gotta go to a real gun shop or order it online. The 50 round box of Magtech I bought about 5 years ago was damn near $30.00. Granted 22 Mag ain't cheap either but it's better than 32 Long.

What you’re looking for is a Springfield XD-E. Better yet, the LTT version.

https://www.langdontactical.com/springfield-armory-xd-e-langdon-tactical-edition-9mm/
Thanks for recommending this. That (regular, not the LTT) is indeed what I purchased (thanks again @DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN ). I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and the feel of it all the way around. From a size perspective it is exactly what I was looking for. There's only one problem.... I CAN'T HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN WITH IT! :frusty:
Now I will be the first to admit, I'm not the greatest headgun shot in the world but dayum, I was TERRIBLE with that thing. Wound up having to shoot my PCR and revolver after the fact just to prove I wasn't in the midst of undetectable full body seizure I wasn't aware of.
I realize this is a close quarters weapon but I better be able to shoot it better than the 6-8" group I was spraying from around 15 FEET or someone will get a nice 'barely used' gun in short order. :mmph:

Thanks for recommending this. That (regular, not the LTT) is indeed what I purchased (thanks again @DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN ). I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and the feel of it all the way around. From a size perspective it is exactly what I was looking for. There's only one problem.... I CAN'T HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN WITH IT! :frusty:
Now I will be the first to admit, I'm not the greatest headgun shot in the world but dayum, I was TERRIBLE with that thing. Wound up having to shoot my PCR and revolver after the fact just to prove I wasn't in the midst of undetectable full body seizure I wasn't aware of.
I realize this is a close quarters weapon but I better be able to shoot it better than the 6-8" group I was spraying from around 15 FEET or someone will get a nice 'barely used' gun in short order. :mmph:
It looks like a solid gun. Did you take some time to make sure you had a proper grip, good sight alignment, sight picture, and a no-movement trigger press? Maybe dry fire it a bit to get more used to it without flinching?

It looks like a solid gun. Did you take some time to make sure you had a proper grip, good sight alignment, sight picture, and a no-movement trigger press? Maybe dry fire it a bit to get more used to it without flinching?
Yes. I'm starting to wonder what accuracy should realistically be expected.....

I dunno, from a Springfield I’d expect no more & no less from them or any of the other major manufacturers.
I didn't mean the mfg, I meant from a 3.3" semi. I've got a PPK/S I'll compare against though I'm pretty positive I've shot that noticeably better as well. If so, then that's a problem.

I didn't mean the mfg, I meant from a 3.3" semi. I've got a PPK/S I'll compare against though I'm pretty positive I've shot that noticeably better as well. If so, then that's a problem.
Yeah I had a PPK/S... for about a month. That was one of a few pistols I couldn’t shoot well. Damn thing has a trigger as heavy as a steel bank vault door.

Back
Top Bottom