• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daughter wants a gun (or two)

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_27_038e1c602e083bad468cf416e9acfa59.jpg

See wirey, wormy, skinny but she's my lil girl.

Ruger american. Same price point.

A friend of mine bought one in .30-06 (I'm NOT recommending that as a starter caliber) and it's a darn nice rifle. Doesn't come with a scope as far as I know, but it had a nice trigger and good feeling bolt. Granted, my expectations weren't that high given the price point, but it was a heck of a lot better than I was expecting.

Get that and a Barska 3-9x40 with some rings. As far as caliber, plenty of good suggestions so far. I might add .243 based on popular opinion (I'm not a hunter- just shoot lots of cardboard).

Hahahahaha that was at the LGS I work at part time. She quickly told me she didn't want any part of a 500. I told her I don't either.

we have a girl that shoots at the range I shoot at, im not sure why but she loves shooting my 460 S&W, she is no bigger than your daughter

it don't look like she is short on attitude

Oh no, she definitely has the attitude and really not afraid of anything. Bless her heart she got the family curse, no filter and no back up. Think I'm between a 7mm08 and 243. Got a friend who said she could shoot his 243 and she can shoot my 7mm08. Hope she decides soon. Deer season will be over if she has her moms deciding gene lol.

If your sold on a bolt gun 7mm-08 seems like a great choice or even a 6mm. thinking outside of the box a little, what about an SKS? If she's not diggin it after a little while you have not lost ANY money in the rifle and the ammo would be dirt cheap for her to get the feel for it and get it sighted in. It's relitivly easy on the shooter. The 16" paratrooper should fit her fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom