• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dawsonville gun store

Holy thread revival, Batman!

I've gotta admit, I stopped in since my previous post, and I was curious about lever action .22 rifles. I'd never owned one, and didn't know much about them. A salesman working that area of the counter (I didn't catch his name) couldn't have been more helpful. He really took the time to show me some that they had, various manufacturers, and the pros and cons with each.

I haven't been in since then, so I really don't have but two visits to compare, but my last visit was a good one.

Scott is really nice if the customer is, Paul is no longer there and Tony is also not there, without them Scott is the best bet for ODT gun crowds.
And they have noting against Tats, just folks that try to get ab $550 Glock for $450 and it be a new one, they don't have that much mark up.

I have picked up 4 or 5 firearms there in the past 2 or 3 years. They are never polite to me and I have been in there tons of times. I have a friend deep in the stamp club and they are very friendly to him. That being said I have picked up some OK deals there on glocks, mosins, 10/22's, and mossbergs, not like GA gun or cherokee gun deals, but better than other alternatives. I am also not an ass hat when I go into their store, I don't low ball, ask them questions and expect a decent accurate response, or try to brag about **** i have to the puffed up off duty officers and bad asses(employees) that are better than you in your existence. I asked questions like "will you hand me that ...." or "do you have xxx with xxx reticle?"
Now if I find myself with free time in that neck of the woods I drive the 30 minutes to Georgia Gun or Fox Hole, and Fox Hole has really stepped up their game lately. Just my opinion/thoughts/experiences there.

Scott is really nice if the customer is, Paul ids no longer there and Tony is also not there, without them Scott is the best bet for ODT gun crowds.
And they have noting against Tats, just folks that try to get ab $550 Glock for $450 and it be a new one, they don't have that much mark up.
I didn't ask about any prices and the main one that was being treated like crap only ask about a gen 4 g43. The SA basically blew his lid cause he didn't know if a g43 was G3 or G4.
I have picked up 4 or 5 firearms there in the past 2 or 3 years. They are never polite to me and I have been in there tons of times. I have a friend deep in the stamp club and they are very friendly to him. That being said I have picked up some OK deals there on glocks, mosins, 10/22's, and mossbergs, not like GA gun or cherokee gun deals, but better than other alternatives. I am also not an ass hat when I go into their store, I don't low ball, ask them questions and expect a decent accurate response, or try to brag about **** i have to the puffed up off duty officers and bad asses(employees) that are better than you in your existence. I asked questions like "will you hand me that ...." or "do you have xxx with xxx reticle?"
Now if I find myself with free time in that neck of the woods I drive the 30 minutes to Georgia Gun or Fox Hole, and Fox Hole has really stepped up their game lately. Just my opinion/thoughts/experiences there.
Why do/would you support a business that's not polite and courteous? I wouldn't walk back in the place if I broke down in their driveway!

Tag that depends on your relationship with the vendor. In general I'd say you're about right except I usually see offers for trade at vendors being closer to 50-60% ,Sales maybe 60-70%. I'd be interested in what others think is "the norm" too.

I've always been allowed more on a trade than just selling outright.

Have bought from GA Gun quite a bit. Always been very good to deal with. Have not been to Fox Hole in a while, may need to check them out again.

As for Dawsonville, can't stand most of the staff.

Took a buddy to Dawsonville Gun for the first time about a year ago. As we are browsing the nice collectors guns in the glass case on the back wall in the middle we ease down toward the shotguns, well the chain that blocks off the walkway to behind the counter was down so my buddy didn't know any better and just kept on walking, before I knew it he was behind the counter handing me shotguns over the glass to look at...finally when the staff realized that he shouldnt be back there they approached him but said nothing, they kindly allowed him to keep looking but stood there so he couldnt go any farther....needless to say an altercation nearly broke out as they stood there eye to eye before they said employees only behind the counter....LOL funny and true

Back
Top Bottom