• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

dead thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bragging.

The best part of this is I was about to order 3000 rounds then went to looking threw ODT before I submitted my orderto think it over. Then this had popped up and I jumped. What luck.

Got the WASR 10/63 AK,1 75 round drum, 6 30 round mags bayonet sling cleaning kit, and all of that ammo

View attachment 721861
daaaaaamn..you might be able to hit something with all that ammo LOL!

What kinda' Stock was original on your WASR? Autocorrect SUCKS, I know that much...LOL!
The factory stock on my old WASR was only 9" long and way too short for a good sight picture and any kind of comfort. And even though I hate most everything Tapco makes they're plastic side folder for AKs works pretty damn good. It's the right length of pull and it's further away from your face. So you don't get the right side cheek slap when you're shooting.
I will say this about WASR rifles. They do get the job done. The one I had last year never had any feeding or ejecting issues even though there was lots of mag wobble. So all the things that AK snobs complain about with the WASR are just trivial **** that really don't matter. My only complaints about it would be fitand finish and when I had mine the axis pin for the trigger came loose and almost came completely out.
To me the WASR would really benefit from polishing the hammer face as well as the bolt and carrier.

Awesome ****ing catch there!!
I still have the 2 steel mags you gave me by surprise when I brought you the original wood furniture from my old WASR. When I traded it for the AR I KNEW there would be another AK soon. And now there is. I feel a good bit more masculine with an AK in the house.

Your pins coming out isn't a wasr problem that's a Shepards hook or retaining plate not put in right.

The factory stock on my old WASR was only 9" long and way too short for a good sight picture and any kind of comfort. And even though I hate most everything Tapco makes they're plastic side folder for AKs works pretty damn good. It's the right length of pull and it's further away from your face. So you don't get the right side cheek slap when you're shooting.
I will say this about WASR rifles. They do get the job done. The one I had last year never had any feeding or ejecting issues even though there was lots of mag wobble. So all the things that AK snobs complain about with the WASR are just trivial **** that really don't matter. My only complaints about it would be fitand finish and when I had mine the axis pin for the trigger came loose and almost came completely out.
To me the WASR would really benefit from polishing the hammer face as well as the bolt and carrier.

Your pins coming out isn't a wasr problem that's a Shepards hook or retaining plate not put in right.
Could be. I don't claim to be an expert. But the Mak 90 I owned in the latest 90s didn't have that problem .If I were to recommend anything on the WASR it would be polishing the hammer and hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom