• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decisions Decisions

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Ok everyone I got a good sum of money in recently and thought about buying a pistol. I've narrowed it down to either a 1911 or a Sig p226. What's good about both from your expirence? Which would you choose?

Never had a 1911 although I handled and shot a few. I did have a 226 and for me it felt natural. Easy to shoot and more "accurate" than my skills would allow, lol. Solidly built and ultra reliable. Never had any jams, stove pipes, etc. Traded it off only because I have a 229 I like a little better due to its smaller size and better balance.

If you don't have a 1911, you need to get a 1911. It's the American thing to do. If you already have a couple 1911's, get another one - couldn't hurt.
The P226 is okay I guess. The trigger is not as good as a 1911's, there are fewer aftermarket parts available for it, and the parts that are available are extra expensive. Capacity is a little better with the P226, but if you are going for capacity, there are plenty of other double stack pistols that I'd look at first.
So what kind of 1911 are you getting?

You shouldn't even have to ask....there is a reason every red blooded patriotic testosterone pumping machismo spitting American male yearns for a 1911 and carries one....because it's just plain bada$$, fits in your hand like an extension of your arm and fires the soul stealing 45 acp everyone has come to love and fear......

Or you're a commie and would rather buy the pistol that wishes it was a 1911....a dirty ole sig

I own six 1911's and one Sig P220R. I'm probable not the person to answer this question. I will say that 1911's come in a lot of flavors; so shop according to what you want in a gun.

1911 all the way. I never had a real handgun until I bought a 1911. Spend around 1,000 and you will get a real nice gun with a sweet trigger and a classic lines. The ergonomics of that handgun is like no other. It was ergo before ergo was a thing. i had four but down to two now. I will be back up to four again fairly quick.

Back
Top Bottom