• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

Something that works but you don't mind it getting banged/beat up.

But please, for the love of all things holy, don't leave a firearm in your vehicle unattended unless it's in some kind of secondary lock box. Too easy to bust a window and make off with a firearm...

What about them making off with your vehicle?
I save myself the aggregation and expense of replacing windows and leave the vehicle unlocked, >half a tank of gas, and the key in the ignition.:shocked:

What about them making off with my tools?:doh:

I don’t thing there’s really a specific firearm you can define as a truck gun. I guess you could call me a city by by that aspect, as I too have a 30/30, but I choose to use a Yugo M70 AB2 as my “truck gun”. More or less, a hypothetical “SHTF” gun or “Get Home” weapon, as I’ll bring 6-8x30rd mags to ensure I meet any threat, with overwhelming fire power. So, really, a truck gun is what you feel is best suited for what you think it will potentially be needed for.
I understand where you're coming from on SHTF. I have all kind of fire power at home but in the truck I don't want a auto long gun in the truck because I don't want it to jam when I need it. Driving down dirt roads across fields with all the dust an dirt I don't want too clean the thing all he time

I understand where you're coming from on SHTF. I have all kind of fire power at home but in the truck I don't want a auto long gun in the truck because I don't want it to jam when I need it. Driving down dirt roads across fields with all the dust an dirt I don't want too clean the thing all he time

The first shot might kick up a little dust, and blow out the cob webs, but after that she's good to go.
I have never had a long gun jamb that I hauled around in the truck, and I don't have A/C either.:wacko:

What about "tractor" guns? I have those also, but I usually clean them with the air hose when I get done for the day.

The first shot might kick up a little dust, and blow out the cob webs, but after that she's good to go.
I have never had a long gun jamb that I hauled around in the truck, and I don't have A/C either.:wacko:

What about "tractor" guns? I have those also, but I usually clean them with the air hose when I get done for the day.
I'll grab the truck gun an throw it in the tractor but it has A/C LOL

the only thing that defines a truck gin to me is, one that i am as OK as i can be with it getting stolen.
hi points are great truck guns because they are cheap and always shoot. if it gets stolen you are out 150 bucks, if you lose your glock...you are out 500 if you bought it new,and 800 to 1000 if you got a stippled used one.
no one wants a gun stolen, but when you leave it in your vehicle, you cant guard it. in spite of the dems, it will not do anything on its own, so the chances of it defending itself are 0.

the only thing that defines a truck gin to me is, one that i am as OK as i can be with it getting stolen.
hi points are great truck guns because they are cheap and always shoot. if it gets stolen you are out 150 bucks, if you lose your glock...you are out 500 if you bought it new,and 800 to 1000 if you got a stippled used one.
no one wants a gun stolen, but when you leave it in your vehicle, you cant guard it. in spite of the dems, it will not do anything on its own, so the chances of it defending itself are 0.
Me personally, I’ll never be “ok” with any gun getting stolen from me, regardless of value. Once a gun is stolen from me, I now feel that I have done a poor job as a gun owner and potentially put somebody else’s life at risk, because I didn’t do my part in securing my firearms. Not much different that leaving them around the home, hoping my young kids don’t find them. It’s just plain irresponsible. Being out $100 on a Highpoint that is used to kill somebody, is going to weigh on my conscience just as much as $1000 gun that is used to kill somebody. That’s just me though and this will prob start a whole new debate.

What about them making off with your vehicle?
I save myself the aggregation and expense of replacing windows and leave the vehicle unlocked, >half a tank of gas, and the key in the ignition.:shocked:

What about them making off with my tools?:doh:
Ever since my windows got smashed out at my fire station, I now do the same. I bring any valuables inside with me and I don’t bother locking my doors now. Sad world we live in unfortunately

Me personally, I’ll never be “ok” with any gun getting stolen from me, regardless of value. Once a gun is stolen from me, I now feel that I have done a poor job as a gun owner and potentially put somebody else’s life at risk, because I didn’t do my part in securing my firearms. Not much different that leaving them around the home, hoping my young kids don’t find them. It’s just plain irresponsible. Being out $100 on a Highpoint that is used to kill somebody, is going to weigh on my conscience just as much as $1000 gun that is used to kill somebody. That’s just me though and this will prob start a whole new debate.

the point is, if you have a truck gun, you show a measure of irresponsibility anyway, now we need only put a value on your acceptable loss. you cant keep it safe when you dont have it on your person,safes,lock,chains,guard dogs, rabid lemurs, all are time and chance, if someone has the time, your safety measures dont stand a chance...

the point is, if you have a truck gun, you show a measure of irresponsibility anyway, now we need only put a value on your acceptable loss. you cant keep it safe when you dont have it on your person,safes,lock,chains,guard dogs, rabid lemurs, all are time and chance, if someone has the time, your safety measures dont stand a chance...
So then the real debate then stands at, is a truck gun defined as something your irresponsibly leave in your vehicle and hope doesn’t get stolen? Is a truck gun something you don’t mind getting roughed up in daily transit/use? Is it high or low value? Is it something you can easily stow in a backpack and always keep with you? Me personally, any gun I bring with me, is of the right size, so it can always be with me and never left to chance. To me, that’s a truck gun. As the old saying goes, a gun left in th truck, is a gun you’ll never get to use when you need it.

Back
Top Bottom