• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Define "truck gun"

IF I were to keep a gun in my car it would only be because I rarely forget my pocket carry and could use the "truck gun", which theoretically would be a Taurus PT 111 G2 12 round 9mm w extra mag.

Under the rear cargo area by the spare tire could also be a PSA AR 15 I paid around $350 for in a folding chair bag rolled in a yoga mat and a bag of 5 mags.

Most of you guys or city boys so a truck gun is what you keep in your truck to use to shot dogs or put down a cow or kill deer in your field an they need to be long guns I carry a lever action 30 30 in my truck its a tool that you need sometimes
I don’t thing there’s really a specific firearm you can define as a truck gun. I guess you could call me a city by by that aspect, as I too have a 30/30, but I choose to use a Yugo M70 AB2 as my “truck gun”. More or less, a hypothetical “SHTF” gun or “Get Home” weapon, as I’ll bring 6-8x30rd mags to ensure I meet any threat, with overwhelming fire power. So, really, a truck gun is what you feel is best suited for what you think it will potentially be needed for.

I don’t thing there’s really a specific firearm you can define as a truck gun. I guess you could call me a city by by that aspect, as I too have a 30/30, but I choose to use a Yugo M70 AB2 as my “truck gun”. More or less, a hypothetical “SHTF” gun or “Get Home” weapon, as I’ll bring 6-8x30rd mags to ensure I meet any threat, with overwhelming fire power. So, really, a truck gun is what you feel is best suited for what you think it will potentially be needed for.

That's why I have 7 or 8 on most any given day. It all depends on what needs to be shot and how far off the subject is.

I'd hate to miss the opportunity to kill something that needs killing. lol

If I'm driving past a liquor store and I see an armed robbery in progress, and IF I wanted to get involved, I don't think I'd want to have my EDC pistol in my hands when confronting, or being confronted by, multiple armed robbers.
I'd rather pull over, get out the rifle, chamber that round, and have 20 or 30 rounds of rifle-caliber stopping power with 3X the accuracy and range of any open-sighted carry pistol.

Ditto for if I happen to be around when a Jihadist or domestic nutcase goes on a shooting spree in a crowded public place.

Usually, long guns that are truck guns, have the blueing worn off the end of the barrel from riding on the seat with the barrel in the floorboard.

Back
Top Bottom