• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

kinda. but also a truck gun is one you would use as a back up to your carry. so a 300 ar is a truck gun,a 1000 ar is not. its not truly a truck gun if you put it in a pack, a truck gun is (to me) one that spends its life in the truck. if it is stashed in your truck,when you need it it may not be accessible. if you commit to locking it up when you get out and unlocking it when you get back in, the one time you dont is the only time you will need it. if you have already spent you ammo in your everyday carry and the zombies are still chasing you, that gun it the truck thats locked up will get you bit,before you can get it.
it is and always will be a catch 22.

So then the real debate then stands at, is a truck gun defined as something your irresponsibly leave in your vehicle and hope doesn’t get stolen? Is a truck gun something you don’t mind getting roughed up in daily transit/use? Is it high or low value? Is it something you can easily stow in a backpack and always keep with you? Me personally, any gun I bring with me, is of the right size, so it can always be with me and never left to chance. To me, that’s a truck gun. As the old saying goes, a gun left in th truck, is a gun you’ll never get to use when you need it.

A truck gun is one that has some usage, like maybe some freckling on the metal and scratches on the stock.
It's not going to lose any value getting some blueing rubbed off the end of the barrel or the side of the receiver from riding on the seat.

The post about leaving it in your truck and not worrying about it getting stolen is ridiculous.
Guns rank at a low percentage of the cause of death in murders.
What if someone stole your baseball bat?
What if they stole your hunting knife?
What if they stole 5 gallons of gas and burned up a classroom full of kindergartners?
What if they stole your vehicle, that you so carelessly left in your driveway, then crashed through a crowd of people along a roadway?
What if they stole the 4 way lug wrench out of my truck and loosened the lug nuts on an emergency vehicle or school bus?
I think people pay way too much attention to the Mass Media with it's exaggerated views and political agendas, and that goes for all the media.

It's not the everyday working class citizens responsibility to keep thieves from stealing, that's what our judicial system is for, but it seems to be failing us at an alarming rate.

A truck gun is one that has some usage, like maybe some freckling on the metal and scratches on the stock.
It's not going to lose any value getting some blueing rubbed off the end of the barrel or the side of the receiver from riding on the seat.

The post about leaving it in your truck and not worrying about it getting stolen is ridiculous.
What if they stole 5 gallons of gas and burned up a classroom full of kindergartners?
What if they stole your vehicle, that you so carelessly left in your driveway, then crashed through a crowd of people along a roadway?
What if they stole the 4 way lug wrench out of my truck and loosened the lug nuts on an emergency vehicle or school bus?
I think people pay way too much attention to the Mass Media with it's exaggerated views and political agendas, and that goes for all the media.

It's not the everyday working class citizens responsibility to keep thieves from stealing, that's what our judicial system is for, but it seems to be failing us at an alarming rate.
I’ll agree to an extent. While the items you described were not designed to kill, they can be used in that manner. Guns however, were designed to kill. Historically, the first gun was actually a cannon, which was used to launch heavy objects/explosives/shrapnel at targets(people) in order to make or kill them. It wasn’t until later, 1300s, they were made into more modern forms, that were used for hunting, war or self defense(aside from the occasional recreational use). Cars come with features that make it harder to steal them, such as alarms, laser cut keys and keys with chips. So more effort is needed to steal a vehicle, than is needed to steal a firearm that is left on the seat or floorboard. It’s absolutely the responsibility of the working class, or anybody else for that matter, to prevent their firearms from being stolen by any means necessary. You wouldn’t sell a gun to a known felon. You don’t leave your keys in the car for somebody to steal, do you? So, why leave a gun for somebody to steal? The judicial system, isn’t the first line of defense. You, Me, We gun owners, are the first line of defense to our firearms and possessions.

A firearm in a rifle caliber to complement my EDC pistol when things go sideways. Rifle caliber pistol with a brace is optimal imo. Reloads for rifle and EDC and a first aid kit.

you missed the "OK" as i can be with it getting stolen. i have a p89 my dad gave me, it would kill me if it got stolen, but the 600 is buck 26 i carry everyday would irritate me if it was stolen, but has very little value beyond the monetary.
so you increase the chance of losing a truck gun, so it should be one that you are willing to risk...
and again, you show some irresponsibility just by leaving a firearm in your vehicle unattended...
it is just a level of irresponsibility you can live with..

Truck Gun -- Something used to shoot mailboxes off their posts with while riding around in the truck.

I see a lot of handguns listed as "perfect truck gun" What is everyone's definition of a truck gun ?

I carry a Glock 23 with 2 extra mags full of SD ammo in my truck. The reason I carry a gun in my truck is in case I need to use it to defend my life. Therefore I want to carry a dependable gun in a good caliber.

Most every "truck gun" I see listed is something real cheap, like a Hi Point, RG, Jimmenizze or something way under powered like a 32 or 25. For something that is to be carried in your car/truck where size of the gun is not as important as say a pocket pistol.

Why would anyone want to carry something that may or may not work for the intended purpose ? Now I understand not wanting to carry a $1500 Kimber in case some local kid breaks your window out in the middle of the night and steals it. And I also understand having something is better than nothing.

So what's your definition of a "Truck Gun"
I'M THE SAME AS YOU. GLOCK 27,TWO EXTRA MAGS. SOMETHING I CAN COUNT ON.IT'S ALSO MY CARRY WHEN I GET OUT. NEVER LEAVE A FIRE ARM IN YOUR CAR WITHOUT YOU.

I understand where you're coming from on SHTF. I have all kind of fire power at home but in the truck I don't want a auto long gun in the truck because I don't want it to jam when I need it. Driving down dirt roads across fields with all the dust an dirt I don't want too clean the thing all he time
Put it in a Pelican case (or nice knockoff) then.

I’ll agree to an extent. While the items you described were not designed to kill, they can be used in that manner. Guns however, were designed to kill. Historically, the first gun was actually a cannon, which was used to launch heavy objects/explosives/shrapnel at targets(people) in order to make or kill them. It wasn’t until later, 1300s, they were made into more modern forms, that were used for hunting, war or self defense(aside from the occasional recreational use). Cars come with features that make it harder to steal them, such as alarms, laser cut keys and keys with chips. So more effort is needed to steal a vehicle, than is needed to steal a firearm that is left on the seat or floorboard. It’s absolutely the responsibility of the working class, or anybody else for that matter, to prevent their firearms from being stolen by any means necessary. You wouldn’t sell a gun to a known felon. You don’t leave your keys in the car for somebody to steal, do you? So, why leave a gun for somebody to steal? The judicial system, isn’t the first line of defense. You, Me, We gun owners, are the first line of defense to our firearms and possessions.

Yes I leave the keys in all of my vehicles, when they are on my property.
My tools are unlocked.
My dog is even loose in the yard.
The lack of punishment for criminals is no deterrent, and the jail time for their offenses is minimal, then back out on probation playing the same game.

I definitely know how to to put an end to repeat offenders and most first time offenders.
When the head is separated from the rest of the body for just a few seconds, they will never commit another crime.

It's not my responsibility to keep thieves from stealing.
All a lock does is keep an honest man honest. A thief is going to steal, it just depends upon how many $1000.00s he destroys to steal $100.00.

I do leave $10.00 in the vehicles for the crack heads so they will leave the rest of my stuff alone.

Back
Top Bottom