• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

Yes I leave the keys in all of my vehicles, when they are on my property.
My tools are unlocked.
My dog is even loose in the yard.
The lack of punishment for criminals is no deterrent, and the jail time for their offenses is minimal, then back out on probation playing the same game.

I definitely know how to to put an end to repeat offenders and most first time offenders.
When the head is separated from the rest of the body for just a few seconds, they will never commit another crime.

It's not my responsibility to keep thieves from stealing.
All a lock does is keep an honest man honest. A thief is going to steal, it just depends upon how many $1000.00s he destroys to steal $100.00.

I do leave $10.00 in the vehicles for the crack heads so they will leave the rest of my stuff alone.
This proves my point though. When not in a place where your valuables are easily monitored, you take certain steps, to ensure they’re not stolen. I don’t know what your dog is capable of, but I’d assume if I came on your property, your dog would alert you of my presence. That in itself is you using a form of security to protect your property and not solely relying on the judicial system. I’m not saying the criminal is less responsible, but if you create a situation of opportunity, you have to expect a predictable outcome. I doubt you leave your keys in your car when in public. The point being, the less situations of opportunity you create, the lower your chances of being a victim are. These are in fact, a responsibility you assume, wether you’re doing it knowingly or not.

I'm so glad someone bumped a 3 year old thread so I can read about how 'it's not muh fawlt if some body steals my guns cause I leave 'em in muh cars and not in muh safe'....
It made me stop thinking about what it might be like to lose one of my sons....Thanks ODT.
giphy (2).gif

you missed the "OK" as i can be with it getting stolen. i have a p89 my dad gave me, it would kill me if it got stolen, but the 600 is buck 26 i carry everyday would irritate me if it was stolen, but has very little value beyond the monetary.
so you increase the chance of losing a truck gun, so it should be one that you are willing to risk...
and again, you show some irresponsibility just by leaving a firearm in your vehicle unattended...
it is just a level of irresponsibility you can live with..

You show some irresponsibility just by leaving a firearm in your house unattended...it is just a level of irresponsibility you can live with..[/QUOTE]
If they enter through a window, you should have had bars, if they kick in your front door, you should have had a better locking system, if they break into your safe, you should have had a better quality safe, if they steal your safe, you should have had it bolted down with bigger harder bolts.

Do you ever an end to our responsibility for the actions of others?

Maybe none of us should own tools created for the sole purpose of killing.
What if they stole your cross bow? What is it's sole purpose?
What about a sword, was it created to cut watermelons?
What about a bayonet, was it created to clean out from under your fingernails?

What I will have to live with is the killing an armed thief in the commission of a felony.

So it's actually the firearm's manufacturer that is to blame for creating a tool with a sole purpose to kill?

Rat poison's sole purpose is to kill. I got some of that in my unattended vehicle also.

The only people that are safe in this country from stupid liability lawsuits are those who have nothing and will never have anything unless they win the Ghetto Lotto.

This country has gone completely stupid with blaming everybody, except the one who is truly to blame.
If they aren't mentally competent and commit violent crimes, cut off their head. That would cure a lot of mental illness.

Don't buy into the Mass Media hysteria that firearms are evil and it's law abiding citizens fault that criminals are armed.

I shoot firearms daily.
I'm not about to gather them up at the end of the day and lock them in a safe where they are inaccessible to me and have to haul them back out to my truck the next morning. I know lots of people that leave their firearms in their vehicles.
I don't unload my toolboxes or remove the batteries form my vehicles either.

A truck gun: a cheap firearm that you leave in your truck knowing it might be stolen, but don't mind as much.

Example: Fkin bums broke into my truck and stole my Jiminez Arms JA380, glad it wasn't my Colt Delta!

Hi-point, jiminez, Lorcin.

any pistol/gun acquired by trade/ non FFL transaction that could be stolen and very little concern given.

sometimes referred to as a throw down...

well stated for the "throw down" disposable class hardware. I may borrow this later.

For me the truck gun is backup to what I have on my person. Something reliable and with some ammo.

Some days it is the PS90 with 100 rds. Other days it may be a Glock 17 or SW 45.

Note: a used Glock you did not pay ODT price for could also meet the "throw down" definition and thus qualify as the ideal truck gun.

Back
Top Bottom