• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

Me personally, I’ll never be “ok” with any gun getting stolen from me, regardless of value. Once a gun is stolen from me, I now feel that I have done a poor job as a gun owner and potentially put somebody else’s life at risk, because I didn’t do my part in securing my firearms. Not much different that leaving them around the home, hoping my young kids don’t find them. It’s just plain irresponsible. Being out $100 on a Highpoint that is used to kill somebody, is going to weigh on my conscience just as much as $1000 gun that is used to kill somebody. That’s just me though and this will prob start a whole new debate.

Would you feel just as bad if they stole your truck you left unattended and ran people over with it. And if not why.

I’ll agree to an extent. While the items you described were not designed to kill, they can be used in that manner. Guns however, were designed to kill. Historically, the first gun was actually a cannon, which was used to launch heavy objects/explosives/shrapnel at targets(people) in order to make or kill them. It wasn’t until later, 1300s, they were made into more modern forms, that were used for hunting, war or self defense(aside from the occasional recreational use). Cars come with features that make it harder to steal them, such as alarms, laser cut keys and keys with chips. So more effort is needed to steal a vehicle, than is needed to steal a firearm that is left on the seat or floorboard. It’s absolutely the responsibility of the working class, or anybody else for that matter, to prevent their firearms from being stolen by any means necessary. You wouldn’t sell a gun to a known felon. You don’t leave your keys in the car for somebody to steal, do you? So, why leave a gun for somebody to steal? The judicial system, isn’t the first line of defense. You, Me, We gun owners, are the first line of defense to our firearms and possessions.

The reason I leave a gun in my truck 24 7 is I may need it to save my or someone else's life. You ever tried to draw an edc while seated with a seat belt on? I can not keep everything I own in site that may be used to murder someone. Do you have an armed guard at your home when you are not there. If not then you are just asking to get your guns stolen. Cause that safe can be opened in 5 min. And that alarm is easy beaten by today's crooks.
Because someone choose a different approach to security than u does not make them irresponsible.

I will not live in fear of the common criminal.

The reason I leave a gun in my truck 24 7 is I may need it to save my or someone else's life. You ever tried to draw an edc while seated with a seat belt on? I can not keep everything I own in site that may be used to murder someone. Do you have an armed guard at your home when you are not there. If not then you are just asking to get your guns stolen. Cause that safe can be opened in 5 min. And that alarm is easy beaten by today's crooks.
Because someone choose a different approach to security than u does not make them irresponsible.

Would you feel just as bad if they stole your truck you left unattended and ran people over with it. And if not why.
That’s far from the point, as my truck isn’t something I can easily stick in my pocket or a bag, to prevent theft. The point is, you creat a situation that’s more easily avoidable, by practicing good judgement, in not leaving a weapon in a vehicle, unattended. Nobody here in their right mind would leave loaded firearms unattended around young kids. Why, would you do the same in a vehicle?

I agree, any safe can be broken into. But, in that event, I at least took measures to make it harder for them .vs. leaving it in a vehicle, where a crackhead with 2 remaining brain cells can easily steal it

Back
Top Bottom