• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did the gun shop accidentally sell me an SBR?

Who cares anyways. An FFL legally rang it up and sold it as a pistol, therefore THEY are wrong. Call the ATF office in atlanta, theyll probably laugh and hang up. If the gun shipped that way from the factory with the stock it would have been labeled an SBR then and would have a paper trail of form 3s, and form 4s, someone maybe took the stock, sold it and wrote a letter to the ATF telling them to take it out of the registry. Chances are it was always labeled a carbine and never a SBR therefore the gun shop sold you a carbine without a stock.

You’re fine. It’s registered as a pistol. If it had a stock attached then you’d be in sbr territory.

At this point it’s no different than a shorter barreled ar with just a buffer tube or brace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact of the matter is you bought a SWD/Cobray/Leinad mac 11 style rifle from a company that is famous for trying to one over the ATF and the NFA guidelines. The stocks for these are very easy to remove, once removed I believe you or whoever it’s previous owner is have altered the firearm illegally under NFA guidelines. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to violating NFA laws but by making this thread you have shown ATF evidence that you know there is something wrong with the gun and it’s current configuration. If it’s keeping you up at night I would take it back to the store you got it from and get a refund. The correct stocks are hard to come by as these guns are no longer produced.

Who cares anyways. An FFL legally rang it up and sold it as a pistol, therefore THEY are wrong. Call the ATF office in atlanta, theyll probably laugh and hang up. If the gun shipped that way from the factory with the stock it would have been labeled an SBR then and would have a paper trail of form 3s, and form 4s, someone maybe took the stock, sold it and wrote a letter to the ATF telling them to take it out of the registry. Chances are it was always labeled a carbine and never a SBR therefore the gun shop sold you a carbine without a stock.

Did you read the original post ? 17" barrel, receiver marked "CM" indicating originally a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom