• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Distilled water shortage...

I lived on the gulf coast for many many years. I was in the Coast Guard there then got out and went to work for a Ford Dealer. Ford certified master tech and also ASE. Never heard of anyone using distilled water in cooling systems in fact, we were told not too. We were told it causes damage to the system.
Well, crap. Another old-wives tale debunked.
‘Course, been using premixed coolant for about 50 years, so no straight water’s been involved anyway.

Well, crap. Another old-wives tale debunked.
‘Course, been using premixed coolant for about 50 years, so no straight water’s been involved anyway.
We ran 41 footers in the Coast Guard when I was in we ran tap water and straight antifreeze mixed 50-50.

I’m sure it’s a temporary shortage if anything- lot of folks bought water because the temps were low. Just like any time there is a hint of snow. Bread milk eggs and toilet paper are all sold out. It’s what Georgians do best!
Speaking of eggs…I never buy groceries but wife has Covid…when did eggs get to $5 a dozen…dang

I lived on the gulf coast for many many years. I was in the Coast Guard there then got out and went to work for a Ford Dealer. Ford certified master tech and also ASE. Never heard of anyone using distilled water in cooling systems in fact, we were told not too. We were told it causes damage to the system.
Ditto….I am an ASE certified Master Tech…always have used tap water to mix antifreeze. This is the first I have ever heard of someone using distilled water in a radiator ! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom