• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

Yea with a well placed shot just saying. :whistle:

You would be surprised... We dont kill a few here ,and there down here we kill hundreds year after year ,and have been my whole life .Night hunting ,dogging,day hunting trapping, different calibers,different distances. They are tough ,but you would be real surprised what a 75 gr 223 with a not so well placed shot would do.If people want to listen to city folk that play rambo a couple times a year ,and want to shoot a 300 win mag then go ahead,but standing side by side in a group of 12 hogs at 75 yards I bet I put more pork on the ground with no need for second shot with a 223 than you would with a larger caliber.

I live and have always lives in a very rural area. We raised hogs at one time an then went to cattle. We hunted alot too. My grandaddy provided us with alot of ammo to stay in practice so we could deliver clean shots. He made us have as much respect for hunted game as we did for the livestock we raised. Grandaddy didnt put up with foolishness like the young guy shooting at the pig with the .45 in the video. He would have went loco on us!
I should add, nuisance animals were no different. They were to be dispatched humanely and quickly too.

Last edited:
I live and have always lives in a very rural area. We raised hogs at one time an then went to cattle. We hunted alot too. My grandaddy provided us with alot of ammo to stay in practice so we could deliver clean shots. He made us have as much respect for hunted game as we did for the livestock we raised. Grandaddy didnt put up with foolishness like the young guy shooting at the pig with the .45 in the video. He would have went loco on us!

Alot of old timers thought like that till hogs started getting into thier pocket book then those thoughts went away as long as they were dying somehow.

Back
Top Bottom