• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY Gas Buster Charging Handle

Just out of curiosity why wouldn't the gases blow out the dust cover? Also, where are the gasses coming out to blow into the shooters face. I don't shoot supressed or sbr so it's a mystery to me.

They come out the gas tube and run right down the charging handle channel and out the back into your face. Some does make it's way out the ejection port, but it is moving at such a high velocity that much of it makes it past it and the next stop is your face.

Cool idea NWS! i'll be giving it a try too.

Nice mod. The AR Gas vent might be another possible DIY mod that would help with the gas issues. The gas vent only costs $40, but you do lose your forward assist which may matter to some.

I've seen this pop up before online and ignored it. I use my forward assist regularly to close my bolt quietly, not for forcing a round to chamber. Its especially useful during hunting so not to alert all prey in the area.

Cool idea NWS! i'll be giving it a try too.

I've seen this pop up before online and ignored it. I use my forward assist regularly to close my bolt quietly, not for forcing a round to chamber. Its especially useful during hunting so not to alert all prey in the area.
Great for press Checks too.

Tried the charging handle out today. 100% improvement even though I still haven't applied the RTV sealant. I didn't notice any gas from 100+ rounds. Even had a left handed shooter shoot the gun and they didn't notice any gas.

Will be doing this to all my charging handles from here on out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom