• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do people not understand...

It's almost as if they don't want to sell their weapon.... They don't want to sell it to me.....

I just skip over all the dealer wannabe ads. What's aggravating is to be interested in the firearm, then you realize that the seller is a paranoid Liberal Democrat that wants more than the law requires.

That's what these numb nuts don't seem to realize. I've bought a few off of ODT, and I'm pretty near the perfect buyer (I think). I don't mind driving, I'm available pretty much 24/7, I got cash, you don't need to hold it and so on.

BUT, no matter what their lame ad says, there are very few guns on ODT that are so unique that I just have to have THAT GUN right now -- wait a bit, and the same gun at a better price will come along. The harder/dumber you make the transaction for me, the more likely I am to wait for that next gun.

Funny how people have no problem giving the govt, both local and above, and any buisness everything needed to take your ID from you and worry about a no frills BOS.

After everything that has been hacked and lost all the info this way, I've yet to hear how someone lost their ID info due to a minimal BOS on a personal gun sale.

Hell thats probably when you would be safest. Think about it, both of you know each others address and name, and you are both armed...

Not advocating either way, I just don't believe it's the end of the world if someone asks for one.

Funny how people have no problem giving the govt, both local and above, and any buisness everything needed to take your ID from you and worry about a no frills BOS.

After everything that has been hacked and lost all the info this way, I've yet to hear how someone lost their ID info due to a minimal BOS on a personal gun sale.

Hell thats probably when you would be safest. Think about it, both of you know each others address and name, and you are both armed...

Not advocating either way, I just don't believe it's the end of the world if someone asks for one.

My personal information is all over the inter web for someone that want's to look for it. That's not a big deal. I sign a BOS when it's necessary (boat, car).

My objection is on GP -- seller doesn't trust me enough to sell me a gun, but I'm supposed to trust him enough to buy a gun. Tell the Wannabe Elliot Ness that you want to complete the transaction at the local PD so you can run the serial number to see if it's stolen -- see what he says about that. Or that he needs to produce a criminal record check, so you can be sure he can legally possess the gun he wants to sell you. This "deputy G-man" thing cuts both ways. I mean, I can be as paranoid as the best of them.

It's not the end of the world, but just as I said above, sort of -- they have the right to sell their gun the way they want to, and I have the right to spend my money the way I want to --

Lol, do what makes you comfortable. I prefer to deal with people that have GWL, and have no problem showing mine. I'm not going to give you a copy of it, but if you want to see mine while I hold it, fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom