• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you flash lights to warn traffic of speed traps??

I do it every chance I get. I thinks it’s 99.9% revenue generation.

I’ve always wondered though if the LEO caught me would he issue a citation?
He can write you a citation according to Georgia law. But based on federal courts ruling flashing your lights is considered protected speech, so it shouldn't hold up in court if you fought it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am the asshole that drives the speed limit.
I am too preoccupied with the people encouraging me to break the law.

Try it one day....then think about putting your teen driver out there in it on a rain day at 7am.

So no.

You better be hypermiling it then. 30 min trip could be a box of bullets.

I am the asshole that drives the speed limit.
I am too preoccupied with the people encouraging me to break the law.

Try it one day....then think about putting your teen driver out there in it on a rain day at 7am.

So no.

Funny thing is the speed limit is the exact same on a rainy night as a nice clear day, and you make it just fine in both scenarios 99.9% of the time. The speed limit is made for the worst conditions so us sheep don't hurt ourselves and the absolute worst drivers can keep their license.

So good drivers that are going 10-15 over are causing most accidents? I think they get the most speeding tickets, and they just make something up to answer your question of why are you speeding. If they were honest, they would say they were speeding because they were in a hurry, or

View attachment 1569132
So, when you flash your lights at on-coming traffic - how do you differentiate the "good drivers" from the bad ones . . . ? What do you exactly define as a "good driver"? You do realize (and this will relate to @CBH13 's post) that speed limits set uniformity for all types of drivers. While speed is a contributing factor, the crash occurs when a vehicle hits another object/vehicle going at a speed or angle that is different then it's own. While sure, you can travel down a given road at 100 mph, when the relative traffic is going 60 mph and slowing and stopping in the roadway to makes turns, etc., then it becomes astronomically less safe.

Funny thing is the speed limit is the exact same on a rainy night as a nice clear day, and you make it just fine in both scenarios 99.9% of the time. The speed limit is made for the worst conditions so us sheep don't hurt ourselves and the absolute worst drivers can keep their license.
Wow . . NO. The speed limit is for a dry and sunny day - then when you crash on the rainy night I write you for Too Fast For Conditions in addition to Following Too Closely or Failure To Maintain lane, or Failure To Obey Traffic Control Device - because, while you weren't "Speeding", No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard for the actual and potential hazards then existing.

Back
Top Bottom