• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you guys have a friend like this??

Recently, a family member that raises cattle agreed to sell me a beef to have slaughtered and processed at a fair price. Because I don’t have enough freezer space for a whole beef, I found 3 other families interested in quartering the beef. One of these families is headed by my good friend, who we will call Richard cranium. Richard is a good guy, but the type that can never be satisfied on any business deal. No know that type, the one that goes to a restaurant and complains about the food and stiffs the waitress on the tip. His wife isn’t much better as well. Good people, but you see where I’m going.

Richard picks up his part of the beef and cooks T-bone steak from it the next day. I asked him how it was and he says it was “tough”, “chewy”, and “full of gristle”. Said it must have been an “older cow”, which it wasn’t. I have another family that has bought beef from my family member before and has offered to buy Richard’s part since he isn’t happy with it. Richard and wife said they’d “think about it”.

I was pondering the above and was curious if you guys ever had a friend like Richard. Nothing is never right and can find fault in everything.

didn’t ask me ! now i am mad! lol

Recently, a family member that raises cattle agreed to sell me a beef to have slaughtered and processed at a fair price. Because I don’t have enough freezer space for a whole beef, I found 3 other families interested in quartering the beef. One of these families is headed by my good friend, who we will call Richard cranium. Richard is a good guy, but the type that can never be satisfied on any business deal. No know that type, the one that goes to a restaurant and complains about the food and stiffs the waitress on the tip. His wife isn’t much better as well. Good people, but you see where I’m going.

Richard picks up his part of the beef and cooks T-bone steak from it the next day. I asked him how it was and he says it was “tough”, “chewy”, and “full of gristle”. Said it must have been an “older cow”, which it wasn’t. I have another family that has bought beef from my family member before and has offered to buy Richard’s part since he isn’t happy with it. Richard and wife said they’d “think about it”.

I was pondering the above and was curious if you guys ever had a friend like Richard. Nothing is never right and can find fault in everything.
I couldn’t have a person like that as a “friend” and absolutely wouldn’t include him in any deals. If you can’t change your friends, change your friends.

Back
Top Bottom