• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you think that the ODT...

Do you think that the ODT is overly moderated and home to the protected Craigslisters???

• Yes

Votes: 51 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER once said you should not be allowed an opinion, spent my entire adult life in occupations to insure that EVERYONE could have and express their opinions, merely said that if you hold a position of authority on the board, you (not you specifically) should express it in a professional and gentlemanly manner and now drop to the same level as people you are charged with disciplining. THAT is how you define a leader and that is how "respect" is earned.

well said. I have spent 95% of my working career in leadership positions and you are spot on. However we are not paid therefore never really thought of us as "leaders". I dont think that any of us, or at least me anyways is looking for demanding respect, it's not that serious for me. It is the great ODT, but just web site. So maybe that is why people expect so much out of us. Thanks for your view, noted.

Funny, because every time I have ever seen you in person you have been polite, shook my hand and we have talked and joked with each other. You took it too far last night. Is it that hard for you to admit that you were wrong?

So I need to admit I am wrong to come to terms with the fact you irritate me to no end? If that is the case then maybe I am wrong. Who knows. I'm so sorry that my brain despises you. Shame on my brain.

I'm just watching this thread and I have one comment that someone needs to make..so I will do it because there are so many mods reading in here.

There was a past thread where some mods were complaining they didn't get the respect they deserve....from that and from some things I've seen in this thread. I have this to say....you may not care , that's fine but you should do yourself a favor and think about it ..response comments aren't necessary and I won't engage in banter about it.

When people who are mods , or admins. or whatever in a positions of keeping the site clean and focused..engage in smart xxx comments, name calling, violating privacy, and intimidation and insult, YOU are engaging in the same conduct that you discipline members for...THAT is why there are "respect" issues. You can't expect, nor will you receive any "respect" when you do that.
Take few lessons from Stonewall and Ken Ford....they do their job, they enforce the rules but they act "professional" about it and they don't engage in the same conduct they issue infractions for and they don't target members , they enforce the rules impartially, fairly and they move on...they don't take things personally and they don't respond to members in condescending, intimidating or insulting fashion...THEY HAVE RESPECT and no one harbors ill feelings when they get tagged by them , they know if those guys tag you , you asked for it because they know how to exercise authority properly.
THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY!

Take a few lessons? I'm confused who this directed towards...

So I need to admit I am wrong to come to terms with the fact you irritate me to no end? If that is the case then maybe I am wrong. Who knows. I'm so sorry that my brain despises you. Shame on my brain.

The feeling is mutual, and honestly sir, I don't give two ****s how you feel about me. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom