• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you waste ammo shooting paper or steel?

Welcome back.....really . And I'm not being paranoid or a jerk when i say so ; the more the merrier. My 2 cents = i haven't served but if i had 3 or 4 Tours under my belt and double/triple digit notches ; i would more than likely be a lot more confident in my skills. Not to say i'm not confident ; kindness is taken for weakness all too often and that's cool too. The ODT has helped me on many levels ..... Thanks Guys

I would say that a fair amount of people can go out to a square range and pull a trigger and be fairly decent without shooting thousands of rounds per year. Is that really training? And want situation are you training for? To me, that is just shooting, not training. I love to shoot, but I try to train the majority of the time. There is no way someone can expect to be proficient in reloads, drawing from concealment, drawing from a holster, speed, etc by not training these things frequently. I don't see any of this as a waste of ammo. To me, it is constantly trying to perfect a craft.

I am a crack shot with a semi-auto 12 guage with 00 buck shot. I am good on training. LOL Shooting paper for groups is just fun for me. I am mostly out there alone with ear muffs so I don't have to talk to anyone and I and just slowly do my thing. For me it's highly therapeutic. I mean a real de-stressor. Even between rifles when I am cleaning the previous gun is calming. Don't get me wrong I am trying to do my best but I don't cuss when I miss a 6 foot put or miss a fairway. I use to be a 3 handicap and it got to the point where it was no longer fun. So I dropped it. I have enough crap in my life trying to screw up my day. Ya'll know what I mean.

I am a crack shot with a semi-auto 12 guage with 00 buck shot. I am good on training. LOL Shooting paper for groups is just fun for me. I am mostly out there alone with ear muffs so I don't have to talk to anyone and I and just slowly do my thing. For me it's highly therapeutic. I mean a real de-stressor. Even between rifles when I am cleaning the previous gun is calming. Don't get me wrong I am trying to do my best but I don't cuss when I miss a 6 foot put or miss a fairway. I use to be a 3 handicap and it got to the point where it was no longer fun. So I dropped it. I have enough crap in my life trying to screw up my day. Ya'll know what I mean.

Huh?

Huh? I think I left out the part about I use to play golf to relax. After you play for a while and get good you get mad when you don't make the shot. I gets stressful at that point. That's why I started shooting more. I think this is the part I left out that left your mind in a hole.

Nah, I was being a jackwagon. That was my response to "Ya'll know what I mean." ;)

Back
Top Bottom