• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you waste ammo shooting paper or steel?

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
I have only fired my primary weapons to test function. As long as they cycle and shoot true I'm fine. I don't wear my guns out shooting 500 rounds in a day like I did when I was a kid. I no longer feel the need to test my skills against inanimate objects.

So my firearms just sit oiled up and waiting for a day when they might be needed.

Yes I stack my ammo high and deep and my guns are new and pristine. Some say shooting is a perishable skill. I say I shoot as well today as I did when I first became proficient with firearms and I haven't fired a shot in well over a year.

What about you? You a sport shooter trying to beat a clock? A target shooter trying to beat a score?

Are you one of those guys who shoots paper all day and thinks that makes you more proficient @ ________?

Paper and steel don't shoot back and neither do deer and crows.

So why are you wasting ammo? Do you think it is fun sending dollar bills down range just because you can?

It's none of my business how you spend your time or money............ So that is not what this is about.

This is just something to think about.

iStock_15858030_XXXLARGE-1024x767-1040x340.jpg

I also piss excellence. ;)

I would say I'm more of a collector than am I a shooter but its moreso from lack of time then anything else. I have a decent ammo of ammo but I buy 2-4 guns a year and probably shoot about the same. I have guns and suppressors I've shot once since I've brought them. I want to shoot more though. Wouldnt mind getting into some comps, running classes in full kit, etc. I rather do that then punch holes in paper.

Im with you Bypass, I very rarely go shoot outside of sighting in or function check. I reload, so it makes it hard to discharge that round into paper after I went to all that effort to create it.

Any unused skill will deteriorate.

The implication is you'd be happy to have open heart surgery performed on you by someone who last practiced over a year ago, as opposed to someone who performed the same surgery successfully 10 times in the last month ?

Back
Top Bottom