Do you waste ammo shooting paper or steel?

Bypass Bypass - do you still have a bike? I think I remember that the hog didn't work out for you, but I think I remember that you have a sport bike or something. If you do or did, do you waste your money on gas to ride it around?
I do, and I get your meaning and yes riding does make me a more proficient rider. But when it comes to shooting I can't get better than perfect.

Yes, I piss excellence. ;)

Im with you Bypass, I very rarely go shoot outside of sighting in or function check. I reload, so it makes it hard to discharge that round into paper after I went to all that effort to create it.

Whats the point in reloading if it's so much effort you don't shoot it ? I'm puzzled.

I don't sport shoot or routinely target practice anymore but I do stay practiced in drawing from my EDC carry location and maintaining good mechanics/grip during the draw stroke.

I'm with you Bypass Bypass , I shoot just as well as I did when I shot a lot personally and instructed. I may not be quite as proficient in mag changes or similar but I have no doubt that if the SHTF I can effectively put rounds where they need to be.

If I was wealthy and had nothing better to do I'd love to legitamtely train and shoot weekly. That's not my life though so I go poke holes in paper occasionally just to have fun and help my wife keep her mechanics in line.

I shoot regularly. My accuracy tends to stay consistent no matter how much, or how little I shoot, but the other necessary skills get rusty when I don’t train. My draws, reloads, and overall speed aren’t as quick/smooth if I don’t train. I’d rather be quick and accurate rather than slow and accurate.

As much as anything, I shoot because I enjoy it. It’s my favorite hobby. It’s also something I do with friends and family.

For me, it most definitely is not ammo wasted, it is money well spent.

I also train using Simunitions on “targets” that shoot, move, and communicate.

Any unused skill will deteriorate.

The implication is you'd be happy to have open heart surgery performed on you by someone who last practiced over a year ago, as opposed to someone who performed the same surgery successfully 10 times in the last month ?
A highly decorated Special Forces officer said to me once a long time ago when we shared a foxhole. "Any idiot can pull a trigger."

I shoot regularly. My accuracy tends to stay consistent no matter how much, or how little I shoot, but the other necessary skills get rusty when I don’t train. My draws, reloads, and overall speed aren’t as quick/smooth if I don’t train. I’d rather be quick and accurate rather than slow and accurate.

As much as anything, I shoot because I enjoy it. It’s my favorite hobby. It’s also something I do with friends and family.

For me, it most definitely is not ammo wasted, it is money well spent.

I also train using Simunitions on “targets” that shoot, move, and communicate.
Simunitions is good training but pain doesn't equate to death sadly so that guy who was a badass in the arena is the guy hiding behind the plastic trash can on the field of battle.

I piss excellence. ;)

Back
Top Bottom