• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

Fortunately, what's most effective doesn't depend on what you can afford.

Yup, but you began this whole debate on the premise that 700's are for poor's and that none of the military units use them, indicating they are obsolete.

Same sort of elitism could be said of super car owner's talking down on Corvette's, Shelby's, or Hellcat's.

How far do you plan to snipe your fellow Americans that you need to spend thousands on the rifle to defend against people that may or may not be after you? 200-300 should be about the range to be able to recognize the targets to absolutely know if friend or foe.

Ok integral recoil lugs pic rails, longer tenon maybe different extraction/ejection, different bolt stop. Most seem to take a 700 bore guide and I see a lot stuffed in a 700 inlet stock. What else is different?

Yup, but you began this whole debate on the premise that 700's are for poor's and that none of the military units use them, indicating they are obsolete.

Same sort of elitism could be said of super car owner's talking down on Corvette's, Shelby's, or Hellcat's.

How far do you plan to snipe your fellow Americans that you need to spend thousands on the rifle to defend against people that may or may not be after you? 200-300 should be about the range to be able to recognize the targets to absolutely know if friend or foe.
I didn't say that NO military units use them, heck, I said military units use Mosins. I made a joke because the 700platform is antiquated by today's standards, and I stand by that claim.

Ok integral recoil lugs pic rails, longer tenon maybe different extraction/ejection, different bolt stop. Most seem to take a 700 bore guide and I see a lot stuffed in a 700 inlet stock. What else is different?
Mausers had most of those features long before the 700. How about quick barrel/caliber change in the field? You doing that with a 700? This is far from a 700.

Again, there is nothing "wrong" with a 700, it's just not the best option for top-tier shooters any longer.

You sound like an anti-gunner. Who needs a high capacity wiz banger eh? An honest man doesn't need more than 10 rounds, amirite?

Mausers had most of those features long before the 700. How about quick barrel/caliber change in the field? You doing that with a 700? This is far from a 700.

Barrel vise for receiver hitch in my truck and an action wrench. I change LV to HV barrels in about 5 mins. Yeah Mauser could be the 700’s pappy. I still shoot a sleeved rem against bat,stiller,kelbys and they’re no more competitive than mine. I spend money on barrels and bullets that what it all comes down to as far as accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom