• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

There are old logging trails for hundred and hundreds of miles on State Property and some even on the Blue Ridge National Forest land. It's a mere 10 Mile Drive to where a lot of them start. All I need is about 15 minutes to get ready and I'm gone.

Of course this is a small town and a lot of people are going to be looking for each other but I'm just talking and extreme situation that I have to leave my home and seek refuge in a less accessible area. More than likely everybody in this town will band together to keep it protected. There's just a little over 303 people in the town so it would have to be a pretty big Force to come in and take over everyone's place. I'm just talking about the most extreme situations only.

Actually as far as insect repellent this might sound ridiculously stupid but the best insect repellent I've ever seen is Skin So Soft from Avon. You put that on and not one mosquito will touch you including a host of other insects and parasites. I got that from article that listed home remedies in lieu of dangerous and hazardous chemicals for insect repellent. And believe me it works like a charm. I used that on my children when they were growing up in that they never had a mosquito bite or any other bite for that matter.

There are old logging trails for hundred and hundreds of miles on State Property and some even on the Blue Ridge National Forest land. It's a mere 10 Mile Drive to where a lot of them start. All I need is about 15 minutes to get ready and I'm gone.

Of course this is a small town and a lot of people are going to be looking for each other but I'm just talking and extreme situation that I have to leave my home and seek refuge in a less accessible area. More than likely everybody in this town will band together to keep it protected. There's just a little over 303 people in the town so it would have to be a pretty big Force to come in and take over everyone's place. I'm just talking about the most extreme situations only.
Out of those 303 people, how many do you suppose could be trouble makers if things get rough?

Out of those 303 people, how many do you suppose could be trouble makers if things get rough?
Everybody who lives here is older than I am and I am 55. I don't think they are in any shape to cause a big ruckus. If they do however, I implement plan "B ". That is load up and hit the woods.
Me and the Post Master got to talking One day and came to the same conclusion. This is one of the last old fashion towns still left in the country. Now that might change in a state of crisis but I know everyone within eyesight of my house and they are all good peoples. I would hope we could all band together and have each other's back. However, you never know for sure. Hence plan " B ".

Everybody who lives here is older than I am and I am 55. I don't think they are in any shape to cause a big ruckus. If they do however, I implement plan "B ". That is load up and hit the woods.
Me and the Post Master got to talking One day and came to the same conclusion. This is one of the last old fashion towns still left in the country. Now that might change in a state of crisis but I know everyone within eyesight of my house and they are all good peoples. I would hope we could all band together and have each other's back. However, you never know for sure. Hence plan " B ".
Just remember, after a couple days, there isn't **** in the woods.

Just remember, after a couple days, there isn't **** in the woods.
I have a food supply enough to take care of me for a couple weeks. I also have survival, medicinal and edible plants and others. Thanks to Tru Preps selection of Suvival books and game will be plentiful. Squirrels, Grouse,quail, turkey's, deer, Elk, bear, rabbits and fish. So it won't be total famine. These are woods I have hunted in my life many times. Believe me game is plentiful back where I am going. It's not like Atlanta or NORTH Georgia. These woods are pristine and human free for most part. If it does see human interaction is very little four wheel drive activity.

I have a spot picked out on some high ground. It's got a big rock overhang that would partially cover the truck and the other part of the truck would have a camouflage type netting stuffed with leaves. I have a camper shell so I'd be quite safe at night out of the rain and such. Then I have another camouflage tarp to cover up my makeshift fire pit and other necessities. I've got this pretty well thought out it's just not a handful of crap thrown at the wall and hope it sricks.

If danger is headed this way we will know about it. If the crap goes down I plan on loading up and leaving the area immediately. Don't try to find fault in my plan just because you are going to try and ride it out in a structure they can burn you out of in a city minute if they choose. Evil has no boundaries!

Back
Top Bottom