• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Done with Nissan….need ODT car buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another vote for a Tacoma from me. Have a 2011 with 90k miles all trouble-free.
Best gen. Besides 1st gen of course.

I was surprised when I parked my old 3rd gen taco next to friends 08 tundra 4 door(almost four full doors), and they were pretty much the same size. Except his cost half as much, got 4 or 5 mpg worse, could tow about twice as much, and was wayyyy faster.

Tacos are cool but the no low end power of the third gen and electronic drive by laggy wire with a 6 speed manual killed it for me.

Also, if you're tall don't get a third gen taco with a sunroof. Only the 2020 and up have power adjustable drivers seat but still a squeeze for me.

That size would be perfect. I want a small-ish truck, but a new one. They‘re all huge nowadays, thus why I’m considering the Maverick.
The new Tacomas are pretty much the same size as mine.

Tacoma5.jpg

That size would be perfect. I want a small-ish truck, but a new one. They‘re all huge nowadays, thus why I’m considering the Maverick.
The maverick sounded good till i looked at one. Not a friend of the eco boost junk unless you want to sell it around 75k miles.
The interior feels really cheap

The maverick sounded good till i looked at one. Not a friend of the eco boost junk unless you want to sell it around 75k miles.
The interior feels really cheap
I wrote this long thing about pros and cons on all of the new pickups. I’ll save you a lot of reading, if you’re not hauling anything other than what you’ve mentioned get a Tacoma. You’ll lack power and towing capacity but the reliability long term with be worth it for you and your family.

I have a '97 with 265,000 miles on it. Bought it in '98 with 34,000 miles on it. 5 speed standard. Ripped all the catalytic off. 4 into 1 header, K&N cold air induction. Gets 23 to 25 mpg.
Over the past two years I've replaced the original clutch, A/C compressor, power steering pump, ball joints, shocks, starter, head lights, tail lights, grill ( chrome to black ), front and rear bumpers ( chrome to black ), rims from 14'' to 16'' and trans tail seal.
Replaced the head and while I had it down honed the cylinders and new rings on pistons.
Engine gets a bath once a month whether it needs it or not.
Runs like a scolded dog. Little dog not a Grey Hound.
The 2.4 is freakin' bullet proof.
I now have just over 60,000 on the rebuild. Figure I'll get another 200,000+ out of it.
Cloth on the bench seat, just a couple of month ago, started to separate. So now I'm lookin' for buckets.
No rust and sheet metal is straight.
I'll never sell it. Well I have no plans to do so. :car:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom