• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't buy a Cmmg .308

Radetwiggs

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
I couldn't resist. I wanted an AR-10 and ran across a Cmmg mk3 .308. It is a great looking rifle. But is a total piece......got it home and the trigger wouldn't reset and i had to push on the hammer while pulling the trigger for it to release from the sear....then no additional rail in the box that was supposed to come with the rifle.Called them and asked if they would send me the rail and let me buy and additional rail. Nope, they could not sell me another additional rail even though, they make the forearm and rails at Cmmg. But they would exchange the the forearm for a different type that they also make...sent the rifle back. They changed the trigger and rebuilt my upper.
When I got the rifle back, the upper was not aligned correctly and I almost ran out of elevation adjustment to zero the gun with my iron sights. shot the rifle and had 15-20 malfunctions out of 200 rds.....sending the rifle back and they are refunding the money. I will say that the guys were cool about the whole issue and tried to help, but there is only so much they can do with the half a## products that they offer....

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but CMMG is well known for excellent customer service and it sounds like they ended up taking care of you in the end. Their 5.56 AR products are generally well regarded.

Sorry to hear about all the issues but glad it worked out in the end. Let us know what you replace it with and post up some pics!

I've sold many CMMG ARs with zero complaints. I have not experienced their 7.62s though. Even though you were dissatisfied it sounds like the CS was good.

Back
Top Bottom