• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't drive a blue pickup in Cali...

This was the reaction of fellow officers as they arrived on scene following the blue truck shootout...

Police-Academy-police-academy-27137923-1920-1080.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

A few minutes later, a truck slowly rolled down the quiet residential street.

As the vehicle approached the house, officers opened fire, unloading a barrage of bullets into the back of the truck. When the shooting stopped, they quickly realized their mistake. The truck was not a Nissan Titan, but a Toyota Tacoma. The color wasn't gray, but aqua blue. And it wasn't Dorner inside the truck, but a woman and her mother delivering copies of the Los Angeles Times.

They declined to say how many officers were involved, what kind of weapons they used, how many bullets were fired and, perhaps most important, what kind of verbal warnings - if any - were given to the women before the shooting began.

Law enforcement sources told The Times that at least seven officers opened fire.

Goo also was startled by the early-morning blasts.

"When I heard all the pop-pop-popping, I dropped to the ground, crawled around and pulled my wife out of the bed and I got on top of her," he said.

Goo said he could hear the bullets hitting the front door and feared they were coming through the house. He said he called 911 for the police, but was notified that they were already there.

They were indeed.

Good police work there, shoot at all the trucks on the roadway, bound to get him eventually. That is unless the bad guy was smart enough to get out of his KNOWN truck into a stolen car, but who would do that

http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-495059-officers-fired.html

The second shooting occurred minutes after the first incident, when Torrance officers responding to the shooting on Redbeam came across a black Honda pickup on Flagler Lane. A collision occurred between the police and the Honda. Officers fired at the truck but the male driver was uninjured, said Sgt. Chris Roosen of the Torrance Police Department.
"The officers believed that the person involved was Chris Dorner," Roosen said.
Roosen did not say why police fired at the Honda. Bullet holes in the windshield could be seen as the truck was being towed away just before noon.

And I feel like it was just yesterday that I was reading a thread wondering why some folks didn't trust LEO...

This is ridiculous and I will put my money on the car directly behind the truck firing 00 Buck.

Back
Top Bottom