• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't ever buy a digital safe!!! Updated with fix in post 36

batoncolle

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
And if you do own a digital safe, call up the manufacturer right now and get them to send you a replacement digital keypad under warranty so you have it if you need it.

I knew better, but I wanted a safe with a longer fire rating, and the only safes in stock locally at the time were digital. Now my digital pad has apparently gone bad so I have to wait for the manufacturer to send me a replacement. Luckily I was still under warranty, or the keypad would have cost about $500.

Meanwhile this weekend is the opening of deer season, and my guns are locked up so I am going to have to pay a locksmith to come out twice (once to open the safe so I can hunt this weekend and then back next week to install the new keypad).

Of course my old dial safe I use for ammo which sits right next to the digital safe just keeps on working...

Last edited:
One Acronym, EMP.
gZ0nKU4YVJ0.jpg

Last edited:
did you try a new Duracell battery Cannon told me that was the only battery strong enough to operate the lock but after i got tired of buying them i had my safe changed to a mechanical lock but you should be able to change the key pad yourself i changed mine but it did not help good luck

Mine has a key backup lock. I don't understand why they would make such a safe with no manual backup in case of electronic failure. Is the lack of a key backup supposed to be some type of security feature? I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom