• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't ever buy a digital safe!!! Updated with fix in post 36

I believe my wife would have had to put up with some noise and smoke from my big gas cut off saw and the side would have been off it in about 15 min and the safe would be on the trailer cut up into small pcs. and the guns would have been moved to the other 2 and specialty ammo would of been on the floor. I have a low tolerance for b.s.

I believe my wife would have had to put up with some noise and smoke from my big gas cut off saw and the side would have been off it in about 15 min and the safe would be on the trailer cut up into small pcs. and the guns would have been moved to the other 2 and specialty ammo would of been on the floor. I have a low tolerance for b.s.

Believe me it was a consideration. If it would have come down to Friday and a still closed safe, I would have either been buying a new rifle to hunt with, or I would have been peeling the safe open. The hard part would have been getting it to because I have it wedged in between a wall and another safe, and both safes are bolted down to the concrete slab.

with the aggravation you may have been putting the numbers in to fast. next time input them slow with brief hesitation between numbers. glad it all worked out and for admitting your wife did it well that might be an infraction against the man card. next you will be admitting to stopping and asking for directions lol

good luck on opening day

with the aggravation you may have been putting the numbers in to fast. next time input them slow with brief hesitation between numbers. glad it all worked out and for admitting your wife did it well that might be an infraction against the man card. next you will be admitting to stopping and asking for directions lol

good luck on opening day

No we both hit the numbers the same way. Both the locksmith and the Cannon rep advised me to do it that way. I think it had to do with how I reset with the battery left in, but yeah the wifey gets the credit so my man card definitely deserves an infraction...

Glad you got it open!
I would NEVER get an electronic safe. Actually, and this is a serious question, why does anyone get electronic safes? :confused:

I can only answer for myself. First it would be impatience because I did not want to order and wait for one, and second would just be stupidity because I knew better.

I can only answer for myself. First it would be impatience because I did not want to order and wait for one, and second would just be stupidity because I knew better.
OK, then, two reasons I can relate to. ;)
There are obviously tons of them didn't know if there was a practical reason. There's no way in heck I'm locking up my firearms (if I had any) behind an electronic lock.

you know, it could have been something as simple as having the handle pulled to the right. Some electric locks will not disengage under tension.

Possibly but I was yanking it back and forth. I must have attempted to get in around 20 - 30 times so who knows.

I did learn another lesson - do not listen to tech support. The guy told me that after several attempts, the lock will quit working and basically "self destruct" - his words not mine. It turned out NOT be some Mission Impossible experiment though... Even the locksmith laughed at that one.

Back
Top Bottom