• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't ever buy a digital safe!!! Updated with fix in post 36

Glad you got it open. If you don't mind, keep us updated if you do get it changed to a manual lock.

Yep will do. I at least have some time to shop around now and find the best solution.

I still do not know what happened. We both watched each other enter the code, but it worked for her... I did notice that even if you removed the battery, it would still do the reset beep so it seemed like removing the battery did nothing. Before my wife tried the code, I just left the battery in and waited the 5 minutes.

Glad you got in man! I put a call into a locksmith about the retro fitting of a mechanical lock. I wonder what the cost is going to be...

Cannon now makes a digital / mechanical lock. I called cannon who tells me you can not purchase this lock and that it only comes on select models...again you cannot purchase one from them.

Glad you got in man! I put a call into a locksmith about the retro fitting of a mechanical lock. I wonder what the cost is going to be...

Cannon now makes a digital / mechanical lock. I called cannon who tells me you can not purchase this lock and that it only comes on select models...again you cannot purchase one from them.

Yep I tried to get them to send me the digital/mechanical lock. I even offered to pay for it. They told me it would not work, but then they turn around and tell me a locksmith can refit to another dial lock.

Canon makes cameras, Cannon makes safes.

The camera company doesn't make safes.

I do stand corrected. The last time I saw the name "Canon" was in 1988. Never heard of the safe company, but, then, I just stick mine in the closet behind my dirty undies and stuff. No burglar is going to rummage through that high density malfunction of a mess. j/k

Back
Top Bottom