• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Downlineing for Stripers on Lanier

Have you considered joining a club?

I don't know anything about the club. I just had it bookmarked for when life slows down a little.

Edit: no clue what the vacation rental info is....the link is to their "About Us" page

It depends on the situation. The first Striper I ever caught was 43lbs on 14lb test. But that was in open water with almost no structure. I lost three big fish today on 15lb test leader. The first one just broke the line, so I backed the drag setting off on my rods. Two hit one right after the other. I couldn't stop the first one from getting into the trees and the second one was already in them and gone by the time I broke the first one off. I just changed all my leaders to 20lb Seagaur. Maybe fewer bites, but a much better chance of landing big fish.

Dang, that's impressive!

Dang, that's impressive!
Hooking it was pure luck. I like to think landing it had something to do with skill.
fish pictures (2).jpg

The pic was taken by GON at Lake Lanier the day after I caught it in the Richard B. Russel dam tailrace at the North end of Clark's Hill.

Bear, you are a s Striper deity in my mind now. :) There; is no hint of sarcasm in that statement what-so-ever .

The biggest Striper my wife and I ever caught was several pounds below your biggest landed Striper.

Listen to the guides. They know far more than I.

The only thing I would suggest is, don't rule out the waters below the Buford dam.

Bear, you are a s Striper deity in my mind now. :) There; is no hint of sarcasm in that statement what-so-ever .

The biggest Striper my wife and I ever caught was several pounds below your biggest landed Striper.

Listen to the guides. They know far more than I.
Ha! If I was that I wouldn't have needed to start this thread. I fished for six days in that tailrace. Three weekends. That was the only strike I got.

Back
Top Bottom