• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Driver's license and GWCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but you are to make a “reasonable effort”

Least case you should ask and observe stuff like body language, license plates and stuff that makes you go Hummn.

No law in my town that says I can’t cross the street anywhere I want in my town, but I sure wouldn’t do so with out protecting myself by looking both ways before I crossed.
It’s about protecting yourself, I know for a fact that there are LE trying to make buys online.
Don’t be willingly ignorant.

Where does it say "you are to make a reasonable effort," and what does that even mean???

Personally I don't care what adults do in private transactions whether it's firearms, cars, or your pet snake Bobo. But since we're on the subject...

In looking at the two sides of this coin, it seems to me that the side that's really coming closest to running afoul of Unconstitutional laws is the wannabe FFL side checking IDs and conducting many firearms transactions without a license.

I wish there was an ODT app that could automatically combine every one of these threads together...
Someone waving a GWCL in front of you only proves that they were not a felon when it was issued- how can you be sure they haven't committed a felony since then but never turned in the card?
Better run a background check on everyone, for every purchase, even ammo and livestock. Due diligence.
It is for the children, after all.

Exactly.

Selling a gun to someone who then, unknown to you, commits a crime with it is not a crime!

ah-i-will-argue-with-anyone-about-anything-_do-you-12460998.png

Nothing to do with the law but I feel I have a responsibility not to sell firearms to people of questionable character. As such there are types of people I would never buy from or sell to.
Only once have I backed put of a deal when the man said he had a DWL and then when it was time to meet admited that he didn't . The fact that he didn't have the license didn't matter the fact that he lied about it did.
I've never asked to see anybody's papers but I don't find fault with those that do.

Where does it say "you are to make a reasonable effort," and what does that even mean???

Personally I don't care what adults do in private transactions whether it's firearms, cars, or your pet snake Bobo. But since we're on the subject...

In looking at the two sides of this coin, it seems to me that the side that's really coming closest to running afoul of Unconstitutional laws is the wannabe FFL side checking IDs and conducting many firearms transactions without a license.

Exactly.

Selling a gun to someone who then, unknown to you, commits a crime with it is not a crime!
O.C.G.A. 16-11-113 (b) (1) was ammended in 2018 and states you cannot "Knowingly and Intentionally sell a firearm to a felon"

But I guess enacting your own form of a Universal Background Check, and demanding someone produce their state granted privileged to carry a weapon and drive makes you a good and reasonable fella. :rolleyes:

If you need to see my GWL and DL to buy your gun.....Then I'm going to need to see your FFL to sell it. Seems reasonable, right?

Napoleon said it best "Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress."

O.C.G.A. 16-11-113 (b) (1) was ammended in 2018 and states you cannot "Knowingly and Intentionally sell a firearm to a felon"

But I guess enacting your own form of a Universal Background Check, and demanding someone produce their state granted privileged to carry a weapon and drive makes you a good and reasonable fella. :rolleyes:

Napoleon said it best "Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress."

I think these people can read, but it's the comprehension part that they can't comprehend. lol

Is buying a firearm from a FELON a crime? The police do it at their "gun buybacks", but LE have immunity to most laws. lol

Those that enforce laws are the least likely to follow the very laws they enforce.

No, but you are to make a “reasonable effort”

Least case you should ask and observe stuff like body language, license plates and stuff that makes you go Hummn.

No law in my town that says I can’t cross the street anywhere I want in my town, but I sure wouldn’t do so with out protecting myself by looking both ways before I crossed.
It’s about protecting yourself, I know for a fact that there are LE trying to make buys online.
Don’t be willingly ignorant.
So law enforcement can't buy guns online... what are you trying to say with that statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom