• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dunhams Lagrange. We don't accept permits we call it in

I've never had that happen since I've had a carry permit.
I have not either.

You have more patience for fools than I do. I would have walked out when he asked for my license just to see a firearm at the counter.
It didn't register immediately. It took me a few minutes for it to begin to bug me.
Just went to Cherokee Gun and Pawn yesterday and filled out a 4473 with a permit and left with my gun purchase.
Never had the "call it in" thing happen.
That's how it's been anywhere über ever been.

I would have walked away as soon as he asked for my drivers license just to hold a gun. "We don't have a waiting period". You don't say?

How old was this guy? I have the image of an old Fudd in my head.
The guy was in his early 30's. Yeah I could tell he was simply going off the script he had been taught.

Me neither! I've never heard of a lgs doing this! They need to follow the law!
...or go out of business. We shouldn't allow them to put more restrictions on our rights. Uncle Sam does that enough.
The store is a pretty good size. They have a pretty good inventory. Suprisingly or maybe not they only had three or four employees in the entire store. They only had maybe twice that many customers at one time while we were there. Maybe their policies are hurting them. I know it cost them one sale.
There was another guy at the counter who turned out to be an off duty officer. I found this out because he suggested another place close by to get a deal. Of course he made the statement "it's not that big of a deal really if there is no reason for you to be denied it will go right through". At that point that was not the point.

I would have walked.
I did. Between the id ordeal and the three pound trigger lock. I wasn't going to buy something I couldn't get an idea of size, weight and balance.

You forgot some favorites....
"How are you qualified to sell me a gun?"
"Where did you learn to discern fake from valid ID?"
"I need to see a file copy of your FFL signed in ink to be sure you are a licensed dealer and that the address on your FFL matches this location."

There are just sooooooo many.....

Back
Top Bottom