EBT benefits system down across Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a seperate tangent, & while I agree with you to an extent, I do feel that hard-working folks, who have paid into this forced & uttery ridiculous system to mostly reward dead-beats, should be able to collect their money back when they hit hard times. Mind you, I'm not excusing the system, but, while we all continue to pay into what I consider the "entitlement fund", should we not reap it's benefit when the time arises?

Personally, I'd like to see all of my SS and other monies returned to me for my own care & investment, but, we know that can't happen :(

Agree totally. Got a good buddy who ended up having a baby, at that point he needed the assistance. Wrap that willy. If you need it to feed the kids, go right ahead i say. if it just means you living like a broke college student, grow a pair and deal with it.

I've been working and having the money taken out since I was 14. If I need ebt I'll take it and not give a **** what any judgmental asshole has to say about it.

Agree totally. Got a good buddy who ended up having a baby, at that point he needed the assistance. Wrap that willy. If you need it to feed the kids, go right ahead i say. if it just means you living like a broke college student, grow a pair and deal with it.

I just wish they would take the time to add some checks and balances to the system; maybe some unnanounced drug screens, (you test positive, you're out).

Oh, You're also on unemployment (without legitimate disability) & haven't kept up with submitting your proof of job seeking (because you know they will let that slip), You're out.

Lastly, you only get back what you paid into the system to begin with ..... i know I just opened up pandora's box, but hey, I'm looking for some entertainment toight :D

I just wish they would take the time to add some checks and balances to the system; maybe some unnanounced drug screens, (you test positive, you're out).

Oh, You're also on unemployment (without legitimate disability) & haven't kept up with submitting your proof of job seeking (because you know they will let that slip), You're out.

Lastly, you only get back what you paid into the system to begin with ..... i know I just opened up pandora's box, but hey, I'm looking for some entertainment toight :D

I'd agree with that... If you really need the assistance, filling out a new form every two weeks shouldn't be too much to ask. Ask me how much work I do in two weeks for my pay check.

I saw the signs in Fort Valley today- I nearly took a picture to post.

I'd agree with that... If you really need the assistance, filling out a new form every two weeks shouldn't be too much to ask. Ask me how much work I do in two weeks for my pay check.

I saw the signs in Fort Valley today- I nearly took a picture to post.

My wife took unemployment on 2 occasions in the past year after being let go, she was in tears both times .... not because she was unemployed, but for the fact that she was to the point of actually needing the money that she paid into the system. She and I had several arguments over whether or not to file, but, in the end, she left with money still in the "account" that she didn't take, eventhough she could have, very easily.

It was after that situation that I saw how easily one could "claim" and still be paid, even when she forgot (unintentional oversight) to follow the rules. :tsk:

My wife took unemployment on 2 occasions in the past year after being let go, she was in tears both times .... not because she was unemployed, but for the fact that she was to the point of actually needing the money that she paid into the system. She and I had several arguments over whether or not to file, but, in the end, she left with money still in the "account" that she didn't take, eventhough she could have, very easily.

It was after that situation that I saw how easily one could "claim" and still be paid, even when she forgot (unintentional oversight) to follow the rules. :tsk:

I'm 100% behind the system being a safety net as it was intended- I just don't think the system works the way it was designed. A friend of mine was laid off from his job about two years ago. The lady at the Dept of Labor told him how to answer the questions. He went back later and told them that he hadn't been looking for a job (because he's honest) but that's not what they wrote down. He continued to get checks. The system is crap in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom