• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

EBT benefits system down across Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBT should go back to the days of big ass blocks of velveeta in white boxes, powedered potatoes and spam distributed out of farmers market style stalls. People should pick up thier food with their heads hung down in shame at being fed by others instead of EARNING their keep.

The real reasons for EBT have nothing to do with economics. It's all about making the worthless feel good about getting free handouts. First the gubmint cheese was embarrassing so they went to food stamps. But people were obvious in store checkout lines tearing paper food stamps out of the books so then it went to debit(EBT) cards so they could blend in with everyone else. Hell, the lazy POSs don't even have to go to the food stamp office every month. It just magically appears on thier cards balance. And no convenience store in the world should be allowed to accept them. They are not for convenience, only to prevent staarvation.

Everyone has always said that people with a legitimate need should get assistance to get them back on their feet. "ASSISTANCE" not a way of life!! The bird feeder should be removed from people like the ones in this interview which DO make up the majority of people currently getting welfare. The current system is designed to keep the poor right where they are poor. Democrats have no intentions of assisting the poor out of their situation. Keep them poor, keep giving handouts and they keep voting!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife took unemployment on 2 occasions in the past year after being let go, she was in tears both times .... not because she was unemployed, but for the fact that she was to the point of actually needing the money that she paid into the system. She and I had several arguments over whether or not to file, but, in the end, she left with money still in the "account" that she didn't take, eventhough she could have, very easily.

It was after that situation that I saw how easily one could "claim" and still be paid, even when she forgot (unintentional oversight) to follow the rules. :tsk:

You don't pay into Unemployment, it is paid by your employer 100%. The only time actual Government money is involved is when they do extensions or bail outs. I have no problem with people using UE benefits because it is an insurance paid for by employers, mandated by the law. The fact that the UE offices don't enforce the rules is just an indication of "entitled" workers that don't care about doing their job.

EBT is a different story. All you need to qualify for EBT is to be born and be able to articulate a need for assistance, whether the need is real or not doesn't matter. It is not a stretch to find generations of families that live completely on public assistance with no intention of ever looking for a job, it is a life style that many were born into and know nothing else.

You don't pay into Unemployment, it is paid by your employer 100%. The only time actual Government money is involved is when they do extensions or bail outs. I have no problem with people using UE benefits because it is an insurance paid for by employers, mandated by the law. The fact that the UE offices don't enforce the rules is just an indication of "entitled" workers that don't care about doing their job.

EBT is a different story. All you need to qualify for EBT is to be born and be able to articulate a need for assistance, whether the need is real or not doesn't matter. It is not a stretch to find generations of families that live completely on public assistance with no intention of ever looking for a job, it is a life style that many were born into and know nothing else.
You are correct, it is a tax employers pay for each employee (which at current, is not enough to cover the cost of current unemployment numbers.... Go figure), but my point is that there are monies accounted for based upon her work. My apologies for the general statement

I have no problem with Unemployment insurance.
I have no problem with Social security recipients.
These are programs paid into and earned by the recipients (FOR THE MOST PART)
There are always a few exceptions... but usually it isn't the hammock that welfare/SNAP is

I was going to continue posting but since ebt and welfare are less than 1% of the problem I'll leave.

Enjoy your high horses while the real problems stare you in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom