• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDC Prototype - Guaging Interest

36fatfriends

Default rank <2500 posts
I Will Cut You
62   0
Reaction score
This is a small EDC fixed blade that I recently made as a prototype. I have a few blades on the bench that I need to finish before really pursuing this but I wanted to gauge interest and see if there's any feedback. The purpose is more of a fund-raising one. As many of you know who've placed an order from me, I don't accept deposits which means I front all the money for materials and time. It's got its pluses, but the downside is it can eat up quite a bit of cash on my end and makes continuing to build out my shop, material inventory, and therefore speed of production difficult. To combat that, I'm looking to do one or two runs of several of the below knife (or similar). These would be non-custom blades for which I chose all finish details, but they would all essentially look like this...

Steel is CPM3V (subject to change based on feedback here), .2-.25" thick with a 2.5" blade and 5" overall. It has a hollow ground bevel with a belt satin finish. The flats are untouched from heat treat. The handle is a de-cored paracord wrap which produces an extremely positive 3 finger grip. Will come razor sharp and fitted in a custom leather sheath that's hand stitched and treated to last a lifetime. The sheath is also designed to fit in the otherwise useless "watch pocket" of your favorite pair of jeans. As tested so far there is no interference with sitting or other types of potential mobility concerns. The sheath will also easily sit upright in your primary front pockets or back pocket. The thin paracord wrap provides a solid grip without sacrificing the desired thin profile allowing it to sit flat and almost unnoticed until it's needed.

Price-point is subject to change based on the final design, size, and steel, but I'm aiming for $120 as shown below, and possibly for an extra +/-20 adding a tek lok mount.

Would love some feedback from you all on the general concept. So far the mos common comment is "I wish it had room for 4 fingers." I'm taking this into consideration however I don't believe it will work well for the primary intent of this blade, which is to be small, and easily carried.

IMG_9451.JPG
IMG_9452.JPG
IMG_9453.JPG

Looks like it would make a good neck knife!
It very well might for some, would require kydex for sure though. I've just personally never seen the appeal of a neck-knife. No matter how small you make them, it's still pretty freakin big do be flopping around. That's just my personal preference. If it works for you, then that's awesome! they are convenient as hell, and it would be nice if I liked it. Like appendix carry. I really really really wish I liked it... but, I don't.

I really like the grind. I'm in agreement on the neck knife thing The guys in the shop have done a few as give aways but we don't make any either. Keep up the good work man

Back
Top Bottom